Photo

Nerf mega spring mod

4 replies to this topic

#1 Rich

Rich

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:37 AM

Hi, I am new to modding and would like to be able to spring mod blisters. The blasters I want to start with are the nerf strongarm, nerf mega Magnus and nerf mega cyclone shock. Both mega blasters do not have springs listed on the Orange mod works website. I am in australia so don't suggest going to lowes to get a spring or any American store for that fact. Which springs from omw would work with those 2 blasters.
I also hope this topic helps others who want to mod mega guns.

Edited by Rich, 12 March 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#2 arekin

arekin

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:18 AM

Hi to the people on the modification forum. This is my first topic I have ever posted so please tell me anything I have done wrong or could've done better. Ok on to the question. I am new to modding and would like to be able to spring mod blisters. The blasters I want to start with are the nerf strongarm, nerf mega Magnus and nerf mega cyclone shock. Both mega blasters do not have springs listed on the Orange mod works website. I am in australia so don't suggest going to lowes to get a spring or any American store for that fact. Which springs from omw would work with those 2 blasters.

Honestly I wouldn't recommend omw at all. They are very inconsistent as of late.

Oznerfnerd does sell some great upgrade kits, but I'm not seeing any for the blasters you mentioned. If I can't personally find a designed spring for a blaster I want to mod my first step is to pull the spring and head to my local hardware store. Once there I'll look through their compression springs for a comparable size and test by hand its strength. You can use a hacksaw to cut them down to size if they are too long, but remember that the springs compressed length can affect whether the blaster will be able to catch. Lastly, if you have a much beefier spring, make sure that you are also buying an improved catch spring, otherwise the blaster will never catch.

#3 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:21 AM

Hi to the people on the modification forum. This is my first topic I have ever posted so please tell me anything I have done wrong or could've done better. Ok on to the question. I am new to modding and would like to be able to spring mod blisters. The blasters I want to start with are the nerf strongarm, nerf mega Magnus and nerf mega cyclone shock. Both mega blasters do not have springs listed on the Orange mod works website. I am in australia so don't suggest going to lowes to get a spring or any American store for that fact. Which springs from omw would work with those 2 blasters.

The regular elite OMW spring (for the retaliator, etc) works in the cycloneshock.

However, there is an australian purveyor of springs...Oznerfnerd. Might be cheaper to buy from him.

I think there is another site that has a Magnus spring, but I can't recall which one. Try a google search.

Or go to your Australian-equivalent-to-a-Lowes store and look for a spring there.

Edit: Slower posting than Arekin, but I included a link!

Edited by jwasko, 12 March 2015 - 07:25 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#4 Rich

Rich

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

Honestly I wouldn't recommend omw at all. They are very inconsistent as of late.

Oznerfnerd does sell some great upgrade kits, but I'm not seeing any for the blasters you mentioned. If I can't personally find a designed spring for a blaster I want to mod my first step is to pull the spring and head to my local hardware store. Once there I'll look through their compression springs for a comparable size and test by hand its strength. You can use a hacksaw to cut them down to size if they are too long, but remember that the springs compressed length can affect whether the blaster will be able to catch. Lastly, if you have a much beefier spring, make sure that you are also buying an improved catch spring, otherwise the blaster will never catch.

Hi, I will look at oz nerfed. If not I will head down to Bunnings and hopefully get one

Edited by Rich, 12 March 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#5 Rich

Rich

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:40 PM

The regular elite OMW spring (for the retaliator, etc) works in the cycloneshock.

However, there is an australian purveyor of springs...Oznerfnerd. Might be cheaper to buy from him.

I think there is another site that has a Magnus spring, but I can't recall which one. Try a google search.

Or go to your Australian-equivalent-to-a-Lowes store and look for a spring there.

Edit: Slower posting than Arekin, but I included a link!

Thanks for the link, I will contact him about strongarm and mega line spring support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users