Water to darts

5 replies to this topic

#1 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

I've got this sorta-old Super Soaker Hydro Cannon, and I want some help converting it from a water-gun to a loser-cannon firing Micro-caliber munitions.
It has an extremely large air tank, and can handle quite a bit of pressure. When I fire water out of it, I get tons of recoil. I want to harness this beast to lob darts/stefans way past the Century mark, maybe past 200 ft.
A little help here?

Maniacal Coyote
Nothin' Foam
nothingfoam.blogspot.com

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#2 BlasterHacker

BlasterHacker

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:22 PM

Dude, this is exciting. (Though I admit I'm new to the modding hobby,) I haven't seen anyone convert a water blaster to foam. I'd guess it would be pretty easy if you also had a nice-sized foam air-tank blaster, you could jsut sever that at the point where the air tank/tube meets the dart tube, and sever the water blaster at the point where the air tank/tube ends. Combine the two badda boom?

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

Dude, this is exciting. (Though I admit I'm new to the modding hobby,) I haven't seen anyone convert a water blaster to foam. I'd guess it would be pretty easy if you also had a nice-sized foam air-tank blaster, you could jsut sever that at the point where the air tank/tube meets the dart tube, and sever the water blaster at the point where the air tank/tube ends. Combine the two badda boom?

Yeah, we don't do it much, especially for micro darts, because the blasters become ridiculously powerful. You'll probably notice that many war organizers specifically state "no converted soakers". At least do something cool with it, like rockets or balls. Yeah, sure, you can make it shoot darts, but there is no challenge and few people who would be willing to face it. Seriously, it is just "stick on a barrel."

Edited by Draconis, 06 March 2015 - 05:22 PM.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 T3kn0Hazard

T3kn0Hazard

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:53 PM

Its a fairly easy mod on this water blaster only. Most of the rest require an internals swap
Most people just cut out the screen in the end of the nozzle.
But you can also add CPVC or whatever your preferred barrel material is.
or you can get crazy and try something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRSnyQ3UTcw

#5 pop tart

pop tart

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

You could make some mongo (1") stefans. They fly super straight, and don't sting much. Plus they're really easy to find.

#6 MasterousMods

MasterousMods

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:32 PM

IamBobololo did one of these with dual air compressors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users