Photo

The Rapid Madness and the pressures you should know.

BOOMco Rapid Madness Mod potential.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zombona

Zombona

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:59 AM

It's no secret that I've fallen in love with BOOMco blasters recently.
I managed to snag the last Rapid Madness at my local Wally World at closeout price. This one I purchased with the intent to tinker so lets see what I can do.

First step was assessing the pressure limits of the system.

EDIT:
I've learned some more information that is pretty important/awesome.

I found someone that had modded theirs as well.

I've drawn some conclusions upon reading this and here are my thoughts.

What buffdaddy did to the springs caused more PSI to be released into dart causing it to fire further. It takes extra time for this increased PSI to build so the RoF has decreased a little. I imagine capacity has suffered significantly now and without the OPV mod he did he would likely not be able to clear a 20rd clip or even if it still can?

Conclusions I can draw from this new information:
The firing mechanism for the darts is a sort of build in pressure reducer. And the pressure it takes to open that valve and fire a dart is the minimum pressure I have pictured in my album. With this mod the minimum pressure would go up.
For stock, each dart is fired around 25psi.

Edited by Zombona, 19 February 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#2 tetsuhau

tetsuhau

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

Well hello again! Yes! Do this! VERY excited to see your results.

#3 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:39 AM

Unless my eyes deceive me that bladder looks extremely small compared to that of a magstrike or rapidfire 20. I think Doom posted somewhere how to make your own bladder (you'd be ordering replacement rubber hose off of mcmaster-carr or something).

Using some external feed is fine, too...just figured I'd bring up an alternative idea.

Edit: http://nerfhaven.com...ndpost&p=270358
Edit 2: Oh hey he says 35psi

Edited by jwasko, 19 February 2015 - 10:42 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#4 Zombona

Zombona

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

Unless my eyes deceive me that bladder looks extremely small compared to that of a magstrike or rapidfire 20. I think Doom posted somewhere how to make your own bladder (you'd be ordering replacement rubber hose off of mcmaster-carr or something).

Using some external feed is fine, too...just figured I'd bring up an alternative idea.

Edit: http://nerfhaven.com...ndpost&p=270358
Edit 2: Oh hey he says 35psi

I've done my research and I actually already have 2 feet of 3/4'' latex tubing on it's way already.

Edited by Zombona, 19 February 2015 - 11:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users