Photo

Nerf Doubledown

Another mod project.. on the waiting list.

5 replies to this topic

#1 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

POPULAR

Just got the Doubledown to add to my mod list. The bin of "to dos" are getting rather big now. Hopefully I can get to this soon. It does look like a Smart AR so not sure how much performance gain is possible. Although the plunger tube and spring are super long the draw is actually only to the front of the trigger.

Anyhow here are the pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Upcoming blaster, looks to be a single fire version of the doubledown?

Posted Image

Hopefully I can get around to this one. I still have my sharpfire awaiting a new breech system.

#2 ShadowKing

ShadowKing

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

Thank you for this. I haven't been to the store, so I really haven't seen any of the new blasters.

#3 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:15 PM

This blaster looks like the opposite of a "truly" singled rough cut. Instead of having two plunger tubes going into one barrel, you have one going into two barrels. That would really kill range unless this does in fact have "smart" ARs in which case modding would be as simple as upgrading the spring and filling holes. I'm excited to see hhow this goes and I may be picking one up to tinker with. I'm most curious as to why these new orange, white and grey blasters are being releasedas just "N-Strike" and not "Elite."

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#4 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:50 AM

This blaster looks like the opposite of a "truly" singled rough cut. Instead of having two plunger tubes going into one barrel, you have one going into two barrels. That would really kill range unless this does in fact have "smart" ARs in which case modding would be as simple as upgrading the spring and filling holes. I'm excited to see hhow this goes and I may be picking one up to tinker with. I'm most curious as to why these new orange, white and grey blasters are being released as just "N-Strike" and not "Elite."

This one does appear to have a smart AR. It will fire the right barrel first then the left when both are loaded. If only one barrel is loaded it will fire whichever one is loaded. I'll see if I can get around to opening this thing up completely. Looks as if I may need to boil the front to get to the AR system.

#5 Xenon

Xenon

Xenon131

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

Has anyone discovered the correct size for a spring addition for this Blaster?

#6 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

Has anyone discovered the correct size for a spring addition for this Blaster?

I put a 5KG OMW Retaliator spring into mine. Performance gain was negligible, due to the fact my ARs are leaking right where the plunger tube meets the AR. I feel all the air escape from the side.

Going to have to boil mine apart to see what the issue is and see if I can get a few more fps out of it.

Well I went and boiled it open. Not impressed and disappointed. Cant do much with the AR and I'm pretty sure I messed it up when I cracked it open.

Here's a pic

Posted Image

Hmm, what to do with the thing now? I guess I could try to single it. Guess it's all going into a ziploc back for now.

Update, mod completed, Here

Edited by racer188, 16 February 2015 - 03:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users