How do you "correctly" rebarrel a nerf blaster

What are your methods

2 replies to this topic

#1 Crazy Modder

Crazy Modder

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

Summay: In this post I am going to explain my method (DO NOT DO MY METHOD) and request that you post your method (I am asking as there is no real guide here on nerf haven). Also if you would explain where my method went wrong.

Why I am posting: I have attempted to re-barrel my nerf spectre rev-5 (the original one) and when hammering (please view my method before being judgmental) my brass into one of the barrels in the turret, the brass cleaved through the inner wall.

My method: Take a dowel of near the same inner diameter of the brass I desire and wrap a piece of grit 50 around the length of dowel and staple the stand paper to the dowel (inefficient yes but secures the sand paper). After about 5 minutes of sanding/ twisting the dowel (I highly recommend wearing gloves to help avoid blistering hand or getting splinters), I pull the dowel out and gently try twisting the brass into place (wear gloves as I have sliced my hand with the brass before) while applying pressure. Pull brass out after it won't go any further. And repeat twisting of dowel after replacing sand paper( only if needed). Once brass is nearly all the way in I use a rubber mallet to hammer the rest of the brass in (this is wear it went wrong).

Facts that might help in understanding the problem: the total length of the barrel is 2" and 3.5/8ths. There are two pieces of different sized brass in this re-barrel: 1" 7.5/8ths long peice of 9/16th brass (main length of the barrel/ top) and a .5" nub of brass at the bottom or the base (before the air restricters). Also the nerf specter rev- 5 barrels are uniqie, meaning they restrict/ narrow at the base of the barrel.

Questions to help guide responses: Where did I potentially go wrong? Is there a more efficient AND high success rate way of doing this? If so please
explain in depth (if not more detailed than my description) your method.

Thank you for reading this and for any potential help in this matter,
-Crazy Modder

#2 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

Could you just drill out the hole and then if needed epoxy the brass in place?

#3 Crazy Modder

Crazy Modder

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

Hmm your method sounds similar to a method I use to bore out eraser for my dart heads, only exception is I use a length of brass to bore through the eraser. Perhaps I can use this method to slowly widen the barrel? That or I can try using long spade bit on a drill press (I think I have access to one). Perhaps this method will be more efficient and keep the drilling centered. Thoughts, criticism, experiences, flames?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users