Photo

Knock-off Roughcut... Not bad?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Gin

Gin

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

Was at Dunham's looking for some things for my HVZ loadout when i came across the "X-Terminators Fast Action Combat Game" "Stryker" and as soon as i saw it i knew i was buying 1... It was a bloody roughcut!!!! Other than shell differences it does not have slamfire, is a similar grade of plastic to Nerf (a little cheaper feeling but not as cheap as buzzbee) and comes with 20 elite style darts. It actually preforms pretty well but i would not spend the money on it unless like me you can find no roughcuts in stores by you and had an impulse buy.... it has a tendency to blast 4 darts at once inconsistently and single fireing of darts is even trickier than with a roughcut. pictures below

here are the links:
Box
Blaster
Darts

I apologize for how crappy the pictures are but i took them with the built in camera on my laptop.... not easy lining it up lol
Leader of the Wrecking Crew, Student of Ninjitsu and Kendo, Avid Otaku, Metal head, Amateur engineer, and In my spare time I kill zombies. I'll sleep when I'm dead... 'Till then, There ain't no rest for the Wicked.

#2 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

If you don't mind me asking, how much was it? If its any cheaper than the roughcut, I would consider buying this for making "master key" add-ons

Edited by ravetrooper, 24 January 2015 - 03:18 PM.

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#3 Gin

Gin

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

If you don't mind me asking, how much was it? If its any cheaper than the roughcut, I would consider buying this for making "master key" add-ons

i got it on sale for 15 dollars the box says retail for 10 dollars normal price at dunhams was 25
Leader of the Wrecking Crew, Student of Ninjitsu and Kendo, Avid Otaku, Metal head, Amateur engineer, and In my spare time I kill zombies. I'll sleep when I'm dead... 'Till then, There ain't no rest for the Wicked.

#4 Gin

Gin

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

also i wouldn't recommend it as a masterkey... it is too inconsistent in its shots and i did find it has slam fire of sorts but it is quite terrible

#5 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:12 PM

also i wouldn't recommend it as a masterkey... it is too inconsistent in its shots and i did find it has slam fire of sorts but it is quite terrible

Gotcha thanks.

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#6 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

Was at Dunham's looking for some things for my HVZ loadout when i came across the "X-Terminators Fast Action Combat Game" "Stryker" and as soon as i saw it i knew i was buying 1... It was a bloody roughcut!!!! Other than shell differences it does not have slamfire, is a similar grade of plastic to Nerf (a little cheaper feeling but not as cheap as buzzbee) and comes with 20 elite style darts. It actually preforms pretty well but i would not spend the money on it unless like me you can find no roughcuts in stores by you and had an impulse buy.... it has a tendency to blast 4 darts at once inconsistently and single fireing of darts is even trickier than with a roughcut. pictures below

here are the links:
Box
Blaster
Darts

I apologize for how crappy the pictures are but i took them with the built in camera on my laptop.... not easy lining it up lol

It looks like the blaster that was from the same guy that gave out samples sometime last year.

photo comparison via the amazon sales page: roughcut knock-off

I know. I was just busting your Muttonchops. It's just what I do.

#7 Gin

Gin

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

huh thanks for the info rockinon... that is freaky.....
and ravetrooper im going to tinker with this thing to see if i can make it a bit more reliable, if i can i will let you know

#8 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

I actually got the knockoff Stryfe and the Firestrike and they both fire really really well, especially after modding. To the unsuspecting they can't tell it's a knock off.

I am curious of what the internals look like on that blaster and if the gears are stronger (or weaker) than the roughcut.

#9 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:45 PM

I actually got the knockoff Stryfe and the Firestrike and they both fire really really well, especially after modding. To the unsuspecting they can't tell it's a knock off.

I am curious of what the internals look like on that blaster and if the gears are stronger (or weaker) than the roughcut.

Where on earth were you able to find a knock-of stryfe?? Are they sold online?

#10 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:52 AM

Where on earth were you able to find a knock-of stryfe?? Are they sold online?

Got mine off Ebay late last year. Got it for a good deal and shipped all the way from China.

Posted Image

Looks like they still have them but the cost has gone up. I got mine for less than $15 shipped. I rewired (incidentally, no electronic locks to start), run 3 trustfires, and replaced motors (after burning them out at a war) with Pololu motor. Min fires at an Avg of 90ish FPS, high of 102fps, before I blew up the stock motor. Haven't gotten a chance to measure again with the Pololu's

Link to Ebay with Barrel

Ebay link without barrel

#11 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

Got mine off Ebay late last year. Got it for a good deal and shipped all the way from China...

...Link to Ebay with Barrel

Ebay link without barrel

I checked out a few of those listings and I noticed from the pictures that both shell halves appear to be symmetrical. On the normal stryfe one side sticks out more. Are they actually symmetrical? That would make stryfe integrations so much easier! Thanks racer!

Edited by ravetrooper, 31 January 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#12 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:01 AM

I checked out a few of those listings and I noticed from the pictures that both shell halves appear to be symmetrical. On the normal stryfe one side sticks out more. Are they actually symmetrical? That would make stryfe integrations so much easier! Thanks racer!

So I don't hijack this thread any further, I posted a quick review here

#13 Gin

Gin

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:45 PM

So I don't hijack this thread any further, I posted a quick review here

hey i don't mind you hijacking lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users