Bigshock Mod 110fps avg

6 replies to this topic

#1 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:35 PM

POPULAR

Hey everyone FNG here. Just wanted to share one of my latest mods, Nerf Bigshock. Modded to fire elite and stefan sized darts.

So instead of simply removing the dart post and the AR I took it a step further and boiled out the end cap giving me full access to the entire barrel. I removed the post then dremeled down the remaining material and smoothed out the edges allowing for smooth air flow.

While I was examining the gun I realized by removing the AR there is dead space now in the rear of the gun where the cap was. What I ended up doing was molding a cap, using hot glue, cpvc and Vaseline to essential plug the rear dead space and channel the air directly into the new 1/2" barrel.

I was also able to remove the permanent pin holding the plunger head in place giving me access to play with different spring combos.

Off the chrony this is what I got when testing with a 1/2" barrel:

Stock Spring: 70fps (before pluggin the deadspace)
7Kg OMW Roughcut Spring: 95fps
7kg OMW nested with Stock Triad Spring: 110fps
11+kg McMaster Spring: 130fps

This blaster has some real potential. I was surprise dot see number like this off a Jolt style blaster. The 11kg spring is really hard to prime so I opted to use the 7kg + Stock Triad. This blaster can leave some nice welts with hot glue tip stefans or Chinese solid tip darts.

Posted Image

AR removed

Posted Image

Molded Dead Space Blocker looking up from plunger tube

Posted Image

Rear with dead space filled
Posted Image

Plunger head with screw
Posted Image

Hopefully I haven't confused everyone with what I was trying to explain with the dead space removal. I have plenty of more projects to share. This is just a first.

#2 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

Very clean. Would you happen to know the draw length and/or the plunger tube ID? I would love to know the volume this blaster puts out.

Edited by Birch, 17 January 2015 - 11:51 AM.

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#3 Slime

Slime

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

Great looking blaster! How did you remove the plunger head pin?

#4 Number 1 nerf nut

Number 1 nerf nut

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

Great mod :)
By the way what store did you by that at?(I have not seen them in stores)

1 Peter 2:24 "Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Get Ready for Jesus, He is coming soon!

#5 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:40 AM

Very clean. Would you happen to know the draw length and/or the plunger tube ID? I would love to know the volume this blaster puts out.

According to my maff skills..

draw 1.5"
plunger tube ID 1.25" (didnt have a caliper to get the exact measurement, it maybe a bit less)

Total length of plunger tube is 2 1/8"

Great mod :)
By the way what store did you by that at?(I have not seen them in stores)

I got mine online at Amazon.com

#6 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:35 AM

Great looking blaster! How did you remove the plunger head pin?

I did the same with the AR cap, boiled the top area then removed it slowly with a needle nose vise grip pulling up as straight as possible. The plunger rod is made of a softer plastic so you have to be careful with the heat. The pin will heat up pretty quickly with boiling water. I think it took me less than 3 mins to do. You will need to find a screw with a little bit longer length and either a washer (this holds the rubber padding in place) or a screw with a washer built in. Most of the screws from Nerf Blasters will work, just need a washer.

#7 Number 1 nerf nut

Number 1 nerf nut

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

According to my maff skills..

draw 1.5"
plunger tube ID 1.25" (didnt have a caliper to get the exact measurement, it maybe a bit less)

Total length of plunger tube is 2 1/8"

I got mine online at Amazon.com

ok thanks :)

1 Peter 2:24 "Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Get Ready for Jesus, He is coming soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users