Triad Troubleshooting Help

I need Help Troubleshooting My Triad

10 replies to this topic

#1 Echoblammo

Echoblammo

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:54 PM

So as we all know, the Triad Ex-3, a Standard Side-Arm For Nerf Soldiers doesn't have a Magazine or Revolver, just the open holes on the end. This allows for Great power and Range, but little Accuracy, and another fatal downfall; the bullets pop out! When ever I load a random dart into the gun, its like it just decides to spit it out again. I HATE THIS! I have never abused the weapon in anyway and am using fresh darts but it just will not stop spitting out darts! Same thing with other Breach-loaded weapons, my Roughcut 2x4 behaves this way frequently too. Can anyone help?

#2 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:41 PM

make sure you're pushing the darts in all the way, if the air restrictor isnt pushed down all the way you'll get the darts just plopping out

trans as shit because fuck you

#3 Echoblammo

Echoblammo

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:56 PM

make sure you're pushing the darts in all the way, if the air restrictor isnt pushed down all the way you'll get the darts just plopping out

How do I know if the AR is out of place?

#4 theforkofyork

theforkofyork

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

a lot of breach loaded blasters are like that, as above said make sure you're pushing them in all the way or you could remove the air restrictors

#5 vaan

vaan

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

If you remove the AR'S in smart AR blasters like the triad or roughcut, it will just shoot all the barrels at once, and not very hard.

There's really no way to *fix* the problem you're having, outside of rebarreling. You just have to make sure you push the darts in real well.

#6 Echoblammo

Echoblammo

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:50 AM

If you remove the AR'S in smart AR blasters like the triad or roughcut, it will just shoot all the barrels at once, and not very hard.

There's really no way to *fix* the problem you're having, outside of rebarreling. You just have to make sure you push the darts in real well.

OK then... well thanks for the help anyway.

#7 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:11 AM

Your problem isn't with the blaster but your darts.

I'm making an educated assumption that they've either seen heavy use or have been stored in the blaster between uses. I see the same behavior from my older darts. The backs of the barrels taper in slightly to grab the dart and hold it in place so pressure can build in the plunger system and shoot the dart harder. If left in too long, the backs of the darts permanently compress and form to that tapered barrel section, and then they lack the resistance necessary to stay put. The AR is then able to push them back out. You'll also see a loss of range since they aren't holding on while pressure builds.

Get new darts or try stretching the tails of your darts by inserting a straw (or other slightly snug fitting cylinder) for a night and it may stretch the dart tails back out.

Edited by shmmee, 04 August 2015 - 08:16 AM.

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#8 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:38 PM

Can I just take a second to say that the Triad and Roughcut are muzzle-loading weapons?

The breech is at the back of the barrel, the muzzle is the front end.

kthxbai

On topic: You say you're using fresh darts. If that's true my only suggestion is to put a short stub of brass right at the end of the barrels to hold the dart in tighter.

Edited by jwasko, 04 August 2015 - 05:39 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#9 sthegreat

sthegreat

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

Rebarrel it? I can't think of why that would happen unless the darts were heavily used or stored in the blaster.

#10 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:51 PM

It's definitely the ARs pushing your darts out. All I can think of is that maybe the climate has warped your darts slightly? You could have a lemon as well.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#11 vaan

vaan

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:12 AM

I don't see why people are so bent on this being an abnormality. It's common the smart at system doesn't hold darts well. Rebarell or deal with it really; there's no many other options unfortunately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users