Your Dart Preference

What darts do you use and why?

16 replies to this topic

#1 The Supreme One

The Supreme One

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:38 AM

For casual play, I prefer suction darts because I'm a little OCD about losing things and even if the suction isn't very good, I like how it catches on a wall as opposed to the typical dart that bounces off and can easily get lost. Whistlers are pretty cool too, but I don't use them often, again, because of the bouncing problem.

#2 Rapidstrike Gunner

Rapidstrike Gunner

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

Elite suctions are good for CS type guns because they don't have that little hole that makes Elite Streamlines inaccurate, thus making the suction darts considerably more accurate. So I use Elite darts for range and Elite Suction darts for accuracy though in the Blasterlabs.com Retaliator XD Review they said that they got better ranges with suctions.Then again,maybe it's just the Retaliator XD.
My Arsenal: N-Strike Nite-finder EX-3 >> N-Strike Elite Strongarm >> N-Strike Elite Retaliator XD

All unmodded weapons.

#3 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

I use silicone domes. They are easy and fairly inexpensive to make.

#4 C-A 99

C-A 99

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

Casual Stock Class: Leftover used Streamlines. They work in most blasters and I have a ton of them. I'm in the process of phasing out any darts that don't work in a magazine nor a lengthy non-stock barrel. (i.e. Speedloader or breech.) Eventually, I will start adding leftover Elites to the mix if I don't get rid of them by that time.

Stock Class: Voberry for compatibility, Koosh for performance. Usually just Koosh.

NIC: #8 slugs with beige foam.

#5 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:34 PM

POPULAR

For stock blasters, I'm very fond of the Elite suctions. They fishtail a bit less than regular Elite darts.

For modded/homemade blasters, I continue to use slugs (I feel that they're more accurate than other types).

#6 Rapidstrike Gunner

Rapidstrike Gunner

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

For stock blasters, I'm very fond of the Elite suctions. They fishtail a bit less than regular Elite darts.

Me too.
My Arsenal: N-Strike Nite-finder EX-3 >> N-Strike Elite Strongarm >> N-Strike Elite Retaliator XD

All unmodded weapons.

#7 meishel

meishel

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:10 AM

I haven't tried elite suctions yet, but my favorite darts right now are the Voberry darts. They fishtail less than elites, and cost next to nothing. I have hundreds of them, so when I catch the cats playing with one, it's not a big deal.

#8 Carakki

Carakki

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:36 AM

I don't ever really get the chance to play with stock blasters, but methinks I would wind up using Elite/Koosh/Voberry darts since I'm big on clipped blasters.

For NIC wars, I've been using #8 slugs with McMaster-Carr foam since 2010. They're mega cheap and mega easy to make (both valuable since I tend to provide darts for large groups), plus they're pretty safe when made well (also valuable since I tend to initiate a lot of new players).
FNG here. Former prolific poster on NerfRevolution.

#9 2k15

2k15

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

I use Elites when I'm just messing around with my brothers. However, I'm thinking of getting suction cup darts because of the accuracy. The one problem is that I can't find them at my Target. Were else can I find them?

#10 Tobias

Tobias

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

I use "Voberry" darts as they are known here on the forums. They're accurate, cheap, and easily accessible. What more could you want?
Realistically my name is Tobias, but you can just call me Toby.

#11 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:46 PM

I use Elites when I'm just messing around with my brothers. However, I'm thinking of getting suction cup darts because of the accuracy. The one problem is that I can't find them at my Target. Were else can I find them?

I love the elite suction cups for the accuracy reasons. I've seen them at Walmart, and rarely at Meijer. Never on sale, and none of the 75 packs that save a bit of $$, just 30 darts for $10 :/. I bet toys-r-us has them too.

My fav darts depend on the context, but the breakdown is:
For hoppers: Silicone dome darts
For N-strike magazine fed blasters: Elite suction darts
For everything else: Taggers, with Buzzbee suction darts in a close second.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#12 Lord Draconical

Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

I like the koosh darts and slugs. Both seem to be the most accurate for their respective purposes.

// V''''V

#13 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:28 AM

#8 slugs, and only because slingshot domes continue to be banned regionally. RIP darts with actual accuracy.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#14 The Supreme One

The Supreme One

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:32 AM

To add to my original post, I got a pack of suction-cupped Sonic Micro Darts recently and I'm in love with these things. Given I don't have an extensive dart collection, they're the best I've ever used in terms of accuracy and even whistle at long distances despite having the suction on the end. The suction itself isn't as great as the N-Strike version, but it's still capable of catching on a smooth surface long enough to spot it before it falls.

#15 starkanator

starkanator

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:43 PM

if you are doing casual play, koosh darts are a cheap alliterative to regular stream lines but a bit more inaccurate than stream lines.. if u have money to play around with, for casual Nerf and don't want to make your own i recommend suction darts because they get the job done and are a bit more accurate.

#16 Keska

Keska

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:25 AM

To give this necro some actual content:

I had a chance to shoot my singled Doublestrike in a large hotel lobby, and here's the results I got.

Orange Chinese suckers: 26ft, 27ft, 27ft, 29ft, 32ft,
Yellow Koosh: 30ft, 33ft, 37ft, 40ft, 41ft
Zombie Elites: 33ft, 37ft, 40ft, 41ft, 45ft
Whistlers: 37ft, 40ft, 40ft, 45ft, 45ft

The whistlers are over 5 years old but are only used occasionally to shoot at my cats; the rest of the darts are new.

It seems like even with the relatively low power of my blaster, the extra weight and front-heaviness of the whistler darts is an advantage in both distance and accuracy.

#17 TheGuysCast

TheGuysCast

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

I once found this pack of whistlers and green whistlers with orange tips, and I use the green ones since they are very stiff and now that I think about it could be used for Stefans by taking the tips off and gluing elite tips on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users