A tribute to the people who helped him.

Rawray7-ShortShit-CynicalSynapses-3DBBQ
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#27 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:17 PM

yeah I couldnt of done ANY part of the final product without all of their influence and help! Big Props all around you guys! I LOVE YOU hehe. I look forward to seeing the results other people get :rolleyes:

Edited by ShortShit, 20 July 2004 - 10:17 PM.

~SS

#28 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:08 AM

:blush: ;)

Thanks SS, for some reason the second image didn't load [until i viewed it at school] and now i understand the clip. Sounds great. Sorry if you mentioned it, but how much did it all cost you?
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#29 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:17 AM

It cost maybe 8 dollars

and thats with the brass 1/2" ball valve which was most of the cost. It was brought to my attention that I could've just used a 1$ pvc 1/2 ball valve with the same effect, so I wasted a few buckeroos, but no biggy ;)

*I'm now working on an top secret UBER clipish barrel system which i THINK would utterly top even this 10 shot design, but would be much more difficult to contruct. Once I have a working prototype I will post with info, but untill then: live in curiousity alone! :blush:
~SS

#30 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:20 AM

Dude, you know curiosity killed the cat. Do you honestly think im that much different?!

I also guess you probably had a fair bit of it lying around material-wise. Or not.

#31 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:13 AM

I do have plenty of supplies lyin around the house, it be true...

Curiosity killed the cat, its true, but satisfaction brought him back!
~SS

#32 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:24 PM

I'm going to hold you to that. Just make it uber - one primary requirement.

#33 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:13 PM

Before I go out and buy all the materials, I have one more question. What's the difference between SCH80 and SCH40? Because I have about 7 feet of SCH40 that I haven't used for anything yet.
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#34 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:23 PM

sch. 80 is usually in the grey->black part of the spectrum. it has threaded ends. it has the same Outer Diameter as any 1/2" PVC, thus fits into all of the same adapters you would use for your sch. 40. the inner diameter is smaller (the walls are thicker) the inner diameter is 19/32" for most brands. this means that zack could slide 9/16" brass right into it, and get a flush fit for the darts to slide into.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#35 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:50 PM

I see. Are they sold in foot long pieces or something to that affect? I'm assuming so because threaded ends on a larger size would be problematic.
So then do all the adapters need to be threaded?
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

#36 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:32 PM

yup ^_^ they have all assorted sizes threaded for cheap, figure out how many darts you want to be holding and do the math, shouldnt be an issue to fine a good size.
~SS

#37 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:53 PM

So then do all the adapters need to be threaded?

if you cut the threads off, they fit into regular couplers. or you can use threaded couplers.

#38 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:49 PM

I think I'll just get threaded adapters. Less work for the lazy person. I'm going to try to pick up the materials tomorrow. I hope Home Depot has SCH80, though. I haven't seen any, but then again I guess I haven't looked. ;) If they don't, then... well, let's just hope they do.

#39 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 09:49 PM

I bought ALL supplies at OSH. Orchard Supply House, or whatever its call.
~SS

#40 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 11:47 PM

I think I'll just get threaded adapters. Less work for the lazy person. I'm going to try to pick up the materials tomorrow. I hope Home Depot has SCH80, though. I haven't seen any, but then again I guess I haven't looked. ;) If they don't, then... well, let's just hope they do.

um....i think non-threaded would actually be cheaper, and take less time. "lazy persons" usually go for quick, cheap, and threaded isn't as quick or cheap, and is definately going to need a weird set of adapters to get to the T joint...because to my knowledge they don't sell 1/2" Ts with 2 parallel threaded ports and a non threaded cross. cutting the threads off wouldn't take any time at all, specially since you have to make cuts anyway.

#41 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 08:47 PM

Forgive me for bringing this back, I have been recently been brainstorming (and disecting) the old RSCB concepts.

I thought of this one, not a big advancement, but still signifigant.

RSCB relocated

Planning to use this on my Max shot. This is an alternative if you don't want a barrel to stick out far from the gun. In the case of the MS, I plan to relocate it to the left side of the gun, most likely matching it's size. The barrel won't even stick out and add more length to the gun.

Ok, so I'm not a genious... I'll do this for my MS and report back.

Cx, I think you should consider putting a Barrel Modification section on this site, including different RSCB variations.

EDIT: Picture is kind of small, you get it though?

Edited by Hunter, 14 September 2004 - 08:48 PM.

Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#42 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 11:51 PM

What's the difference? If it is just removing the second clip, it been done, But thanks for finding this subject, I've been searching for it for days.(Just got bored)
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#43 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:05 AM

No silly!

He made the brass start farther into the PVC. The clip is smaller now, and the barrel starts farther back in the PVC so that it hardly sticks out of the front.

Nothing big, but it saves room.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#44 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 04:58 PM

just like my enicial designs with a smaller clip:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

(old thread: http://nerfhaven.com...pic=2263&st=45)

(I put one of these on the side of my maxshot and I used it at armageddon this year, but there was a large range decrease because enough friction wasnt built up in the gun even when I put in an inch of 17/32, but let us all know if you get good results)
~SS

#45 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:13 PM

Gah.

My appologies, SS.

Not like it was a great advancement, just thought I would let you all know.

PS. I don't use the 2nd clip because my darts don't fit in a 1/2" ball valve. If you were wondering... you probably saw that design from myself, NSF.
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#46 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:15 PM

its all good! Its still a good idea depending on ones preference, and was overlooked in the past, so thanks for bringin your version back to remind folks. ^_^
~SS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users