Saturday, February 28th, 2015
10AM to 5PM
1899 Hempstead Turnpike
East Meadow, NY 11554
Yes it's Happening
Wear Tall snow boots, waterproof snow pants and all the accoutrements listed below. Also bring a change of pants and shoes so you can change before you need to journey home soaking wet from the snow. Here's the weather forecast. No more significant snowfall and it won't be brutally cold like the last couple of weeks.
We will meet in the area indicated on the photo above. This park is huge, bigger than central park in terms of raw area. Look for the nerds in the Southeast corner of the park. The area where we will be nerfing is roughly in the area adjacent to the intersection of Hempstead Turnpike and Park Boulevard.
If you are coming from the Northwest, Take Park Boulevard all the way to the end, and swing a right just before you exit the park. If you are coming from the Southeast or Southwest, just turn into the park from Hempstead Turnpike and then make a left into the field we'll be playing in.
- Must be 13 or older
- EYE PROTECTION IS MANDATORY.
- Absolutely no shooting, pointing blasters at non-players.
- Be respectful of players and non-players alike. If we need to move, we move.
- If you get hit, cowboy up and take the hit. Rounds go pretty fast anyway.
- No facemasks, camo, or super tactical clothing.
- You WILL dart sweep
- Avoid headshots
What to Bring
- Some cash, like $5 for pizza; There is a really good pizza place a couple blocks away where I can pick up some pies.
- Eye protection. It's important.
- At least two primary blasters. I will have my usual assortment of blasters, but please do not rely on me, I am going to be supplying blasters and darts for three other locals besides myself and I simply cannot supply for everyone. Many people there will be using homemades, but if you have a modded Rapidstrike or Longshot or something, rock on.
- Water or gatorade. You still sweat in the cold. Dress heavier than you need to, you can always take off a layer.
- Cold weather clothing. Temperature will be between 25 and 35 degrees Fahrenheit based on weather averages.
- A scarf, a hat, and gloves. Your neck is the first thing to get cold. If it gets warm, you can always take it off.
- ABSOLUTELY NO BLACK PAINTED BLASTERS. A little orange tip is not enough. Blasters should be bright colored or not painted at all for homemades. If this is a problem, your blaster will be mummified in orange tape upon arrival.Also no blasters that resemble paintball guns.
- Don't bring any homemade airguns. All airguns should have an OPRV.
- If you have a derpy blaster like a rocket launcher, bring it. Fun things usually happen.
Slugs Only. No exposed metal. Only a single #8 or #6 washer may be used for mass. No glue domes. Stock Hasbro Nerf darts are cool too.
We have pretty good cover here, both longitudinally and laterally.
- Lots of 3-15 Team Deathmatch
- 5-0 Team Deathmatch, my favorite
- Wingman Deathmatch
- Team Freeze Tag
- Supa Secret Objective Game?
Aeromech + 3
Snoop Doggy Doge + 1
Cliffordrican + 3
Edited by Aeromech, 25 February 2015 - 02:33 PM.