Photo

Range Master Probelms

4 replies to this topic

#1 XCS2

XCS2

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

I was modding a range master, and i noticed that when I push the firing pin when the blaster was pumped, air would leak out of the firing pin area. I was wondering if my blaster is a defective model, or if this happens to everyone.

Also, when I put a barrel onto the blaster and fire it, I only get a very silent pop and the dart goes about 5 feet. Before modding it, the blaster would actually get further ranges than the modded version, which was about 40 feet or so. If anyone could help, it'll be great. Thanks for reading.

#2 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

The rangemaster has a style of tank that the NIC refer to as a back pressure tank. This means to fire the main tank a small amount of air first gets vented from was is refered to as a blast button. So on that side your internals sound like they are operating fine. Sometimes you can disrupt the firing by not allowing the blast button to vent properly. For example, your finger might create a seal.

What modifications did you do to the blaster itself, thats how we can start to see why your ranges are so bad.

#3 XCS2

XCS2

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

The only mods I really did was plugging the pump and cutting off the front end, where the lines stop. The cut didn't disrupt the air tank though. I cut far enough so that the dart peg was removed, but not too far to interfere with the tank.

EDIT: The air leaking out of the firing pin is A LOT. It isn't just like a small pop, it seems like half of the air capacity is going out of the firing pin area.

Edited by XCS2, 21 December 2014 - 09:26 PM.

#4 rego

rego

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

I believe the issue is the barrel. Buzz Bee darts are a bitch about barrels. They have to be just perfect. The dart peg can in some cases be essential to the firing of the dart. I've had a few blasters myself that turn to shit after removing barrels. That would be the first thing to check.

Unfortunately, if the problem doesn't lie with the barrel, then you may have disrupted the valve. I cut a rangemaster tank open before, and I really don't see what you could screw up, as long as none of the plastic is stuck in the tank. However, keep in mind that the rangemaster has an internal hammer setup that rapidly depresses the firing pin. If you are testing the tank outside of the gun, that may also be the issue.
Airguns are better.

#5 XCS2

XCS2

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

Thanks for all the help. I'll try to use the tips that you guys gave me to hopefully revive the blaster. Thanks again for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users