Photo

Where To Get Best Deal On Large Quantity's of E-putty

10 replies to this topic

#1 pwr1

pwr1

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:40 AM

hello i am fairly new to nerf modifications and was wondering if you could point me in the direction of the best bang for my buck of large Quantity's of E-putty

#2 SolarFusion

SolarFusion

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:42 AM

Most bang for your buck epoxy putty is a bit of an oxy-moron. There is no such thing as cheap epoxy. If you don't mind adding the fillers yourself you can buy it in gallon kits and thicken to reach the desired putty-consistency. If you're looking for a cheaper resin you might want to look into polyester resins. The're cheaper however they have horrible fumes and can not be used indoors.

#3 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

I might get some hate for this, but I have successfully use Mighty Putty many times. Yes, it is the one on the ridiculous commercials. I think it is $8-$10 for 3 tubes and in my experience it works as well as most stuff. It is the cheapest that I have found and it does the job. A lot of people don't realize that it is epoxy putty, but it actually is.

Edited by Drev, 16 December 2014 - 10:30 AM.

Check out my blog: Fly Nerf

#4 Spiderbite

Spiderbite

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

I carry epoxy putty in 4 oz tubes for $9.00, its the only one I use because of how strong it cures. I've noticed JB weld putty to become brittle and break, while mine does not.

Or hell, Spiderbite has sweet deals on this stuff now, so there's really no reason not to Rainbow.

[k26] springs!

#5 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:45 PM

How does 68ยข per tube sound?

Pretty fucking great right? Good thing you need large quantities, because the minimum order is over 7,000 tubes.

#6 Spiderbite

Spiderbite

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

Is that chinese stuff any good?

Or hell, Spiderbite has sweet deals on this stuff now, so there's really no reason not to Rainbow.

[k26] springs!

#7 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

I carry epoxy putty in 4 oz tubes for $9.00, its the only one I use because of how strong it cures. I've noticed JB weld putty to become brittle and break, while mine does not

What brand do you carry?

Edited by Droid31, 17 December 2014 - 07:46 PM.

#8 Spiderbite

Spiderbite

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:49 AM

What brand do you carry?

It's Hercules Pro-Poxy. It's the best putty I've ever used.

[k26] springs!

#9 Righteous Fondue

Righteous Fondue

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

Didn't someone find that ACE or another hardware store carried rather large tubes of epoxy putty? I don't know if it was the best price but I remember seeing that mentioned. It was in a red and white tube with no cardboard packaging around it
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

#10 Spiderbite

Spiderbite

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

I think you're talking about Rectorseal. It's cheap as balls, but its horrible quality. And it smells really bad. I had to wash my hands several times to get rid of the stench.
Posted Image
This stuff.

[k26] springs!

#11 Jimu RetroGuru

Jimu RetroGuru

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

WASH YOUR HANDS?!?!?

You're supposed to wear GLOVES while working with E-putty. That stuff is kind of TOXIC.

It's sort of why the X-ray tech gets a lead apron and a bunker wall to hide behind while the patient gets to be at ground zero. Repeated exposure is a BAD THING.

That's why Mighty Putty (which works great, properly mixed, and if you can still find the stuff) came with a pair of gloves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users