What you will need:

A mega dart
Scissors

Let's start.

First take your mega dart
Posted Image

Twist the head off of the foam
Posted Image

If there is a lot of excess foam on the head like there is on mine, rip it off.
Posted Image

Now you're going to want to draw a line around the two holes that make the dart whistle
Posted Image

Cut that line you just drew so your mold should be able to stand up and your done!
Posted Image

Fill the smaller hole with your hot glue and you can take your perfect dart head out by using a wedge or just making the rubber inside out.

Please use constructive criticism. This was my first writeup.

#2 Bro Juice

Bro Juice

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

wot m8

Maybe you could explain what it is?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

#3 XCS2

XCS2

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:37 AM

I think this is to weight the mega dart. But, I'm not too sure.

#4 CS- Tiff

CS- Tiff

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

this is to make the heads of nerf darts. you fill the top with hot glue, pull the molded hot glue out of the top and use it as a dart head for stefans

#5 tim3716

tim3716

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:20 PM

He is using the megadart head to cast a dart head for stefans

#6 CS- Tiff

CS- Tiff

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:44 PM

He is using the megadart head to cast a dart head for stefans

Yes Exactly.

#7 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:18 PM

You seem to think that making heads from hotglue is a good idea? Are you using anything as a stem for the head, if not I doubt you have a working dart.

Silicone molds make heads in the hundreds, and in a much safer material, without the need to rip apart a perfectly good MEGA dart :ph34r:

#8 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:55 AM

You seem to think that making heads from hotglue is a good idea? Are you using anything as a stem for the head, if not I doubt you have a working dart.

Silicone molds make heads in the hundreds, and in a much safer material, without the need to rip apart a perfectly good MEGA dart :ph34r:

People have been making stefans using hotglue domes for years. Just because they aren't as popular anymore doesn't mean they are any less viable.

Overall smart find for those making hotglue domes quickly/have no patience or less skill in making quality domes. Out of curiosity, do you have any pics of what the domes look like after being molded in this method?

industrial designer

#9 CS- Tiff

CS- Tiff

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

People have been making stefans using hotglue domes for years. Just because they aren't as popular anymore doesn't mean they are any less viable.

Overall smart find for those making hotglue domes quickly/have no patience or less skill in making quality domes. Out of curiosity, do you have any pics of what the domes look like after being molded in this method?

Well, 1/2" FBR isn't available here in canadaland. Only 3/8, 5/8, and 1" are available. I experimented with putting the heads onto koosh darts' foam and when shot out of a 26000 rpm, high torque 130'd stryfe, I can tell you that dents in the walls can be made and you can get +10 to +20 fps. The only problem is that the shots aren't consistent if you have low battery. I know this idea was pretty stupid but I did this because I was too curious.

As for ripping apart a perfectly good mega dart, my centurion broke and I had a bunch of mega darts laying around so I thought, Eh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users