Demolisher Help

I know what happened, but don't know how to fix it

4 replies to this topic

#1 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

I know what happened to my demolisher, I opened up the blaster, and was modding the missile launcher part, and took out all the mechanical locks, and disengaged the electronic ones by means of holding them down with E-tape, because I don't want to touch any of the electronics and ruin the blaster, and went to close it, and I tested it out, and the flywheels wouldn't turn on. So, I opened it up, and come to find out, one of the wires actually got snipped apart by the two halves of the shell (the wire that is on the right half of the shell, connected to the part that separated the two halves of the shell by means of detaching them, leaving the individual halves of the shell still functional).

Now this is my problem that I need help with, How can I fix it so it doesn't happen again. I was thinking of replacing all the wires with 18 Gauge wire, but I have absolutely NO experience in soldering. so how could I go about this without ruining the blaster?

Maybe I could ship it out to one of you who has a lot of experience with working with electronics, and is a good solder-er.

Edited by rockinon96, 02 December 2014 - 04:50 PM.

I know. I was just busting your Muttonchops. It's just what I do.

#2 Spiderbite

Spiderbite

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

I wouldn't mind a little demolisher wiring practice. Soldering is really not hard. Just place the iron tip under the already connected wires you wish to connect, and slowly feed solder into it. Also it's really a good idea to completely remove undesired electronic locks. Up to you.

Or hell, Spiderbite has sweet deals on this stuff now, so there's really no reason not to Rainbow.

[k26] springs!

#3 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

I wouldn't mind a little demolisher wiring practice. Soldering is really not hard. Just place the iron tip under the already connected wires you wish to connect, and slowly feed solder into it. Also it's really a good idea to completely remove undesired electronic locks. Up to you.

Okay, if you want, we can continue this over PM, just don't be surprised if I don't respond Immediately, have to get done English homework (I suck at essays.)

I know. I was just busting your Muttonchops. It's just what I do.

#4 Spiderbite

Spiderbite

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

®

Edited by Spiderbite, 02 December 2014 - 05:32 PM.

Or hell, Spiderbite has sweet deals on this stuff now, so there's really no reason not to Rainbow.

[k26] springs!

#5 Righteous Fondue

Righteous Fondue

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

I've modded several electronic blasters without solder, if you don't have the tools or just need a quick fix, you can strip the wires with nail clippers or wire strippers, and twist together the metal then either wrap tape around it, leave it as is, or put heat shrink tubing on it.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users