Photo

Rapidstrike motors and rough cut gears

7 replies to this topic

#1 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

Hello, what is a good motor replacement for a rapidstrike. I purchased a rapidstrike, but the flywheel motors are junk and I can not return the blaster. I also purchased a roughcut, but the gears are busted, and I am not sure if anyone makes replacement gears (other than the stupid australia kickstarter) or if someone has some they would sell me, Thanks

#2 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

purchased a roughcut, but the gears are busted

Pm sent about that

I know. I was just busting your Muttonchops. It's just what I do.

#3 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:27 AM

Assuming you didn't modify the blaster, you could try contacting hasbro customer service directly and telling them you got a broken toy manufactured by them.

Otherwise, try the Mabuchi FK180SH-3240 (note: requires slight shell modification, and also battery/electrical work)

For the Roughcut, I'm fairly certain that you could modify it to work without gears if you tried hard enough.

Kids these days: they want to replace everything every 5 minutes. I had the same phone for six years until recently, now they want a new one every time they release an updated model (maybe 3 months?)

Edited by jwasko, 26 November 2014 - 01:34 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#4 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

Assuming you didn't modify the blaster, you could try contacting hasbro customer service directly and telling them you got a broken toy manufactured by them.

Otherwise, try the Mabuchi FK180SH-3240 (note: requires slight shell modification, and also battery/electrical work)

For the Roughcut, I'm fairly certain that you could modify it to work without gears if you tried hard enough.

Kids these days: they want to replace everything every 5 minutes. I had the same phone for six years until recently, now they want a new one every time they release an updated model (maybe 3 months?)

Are those motors good up grade motors, or should I go with 180s, I am gonna rewire it and I got the blaster dirt cheap so I might as well go all out on the motors.

#5 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

Are those motors good up grade motors, or should I go with 180s, I am gonna rewire it and I got the blaster dirt cheap so I might as well go all out on the motors.

FK180SH-3240 (more info here)

180 is basically a size classification, and not all 180-size motors are equal.

There are Xtreme pro 180s and maybe others, that are better then the Mabuchi FK180SH-3240, but they aren't a ton better. Yes, these are good 180 upgrade motors, and they work well on ~7Volts (that's 2S lithium, or 6-cell NiMH).

Before you use any sort of lithium-based battery pack, in particular, be knowledgable of how to handle them safely.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#6 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

FK180SH-3240 (more info here)

180 is basically a size classification, and not all 180-size motors are equal.

There are Xtreme pro 180s and maybe others, that are better then the Mabuchi FK180SH-3240, but they aren't a ton better. Yes, these are good 180 upgrade motors, and they work well on ~7Volts (that's 2S lithium, or 6-cell NiMH).

Before you use any sort of lithium-based battery pack, in particular, be knowledgable of how to handle them safely.

So would those motors work with IMRs or trust fires?

#7 SolarFusion

SolarFusion

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:36 AM

And exactly what does that have to do with the topic? O_o

#8 Lunas

Lunas

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:45 AM

So would those motors work with IMRs or trust fires?

yes but not as well as a lipo pack the 180s tend to pull a bit more stall amps than IMR provide the stock motors are not so bad with 2 IMR i tossed 2 IMR 18650 in my battery tray the gun is a whole new beast and the balance it toward the center rather than forward. Mind you mine is stock.

There are a lot of threads on motors it uses the same motors as the stryfe ANY 130 size will fit in the stock spot the pusher motor can be replaced with out modding the shell with a 180 you need to mod the pusher tray. Honestly i want to put a brushless set in mine Mainly due to liking the start up sound some make just think you are getting ready and it is time to start so you flip the master on deet deet doo deet then those motor sounds...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users