Photo

What to do with empty nerf blaster shells?

taking a left over empty nerf shell and making it into something else

10 replies to this topic

#1 limegreennerf

limegreennerf

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:59 AM

I have a couple of hornet blasters where I have taken them apart and am selling off the pumps. This leaves me with two blaster shells that I was originally planning on just tossing. Then I was thinking perhaps I can turn them into something else. Right now I am thinking about getting some small led panels, mounting them to the large front opening and adding a battery chamber to turn it into a cool looking powerful flashlight.

I realize that I could just paint it and make it look cool. However, I am looking for something at least somewhat functional, other than just as a prop or decoration.

Does anyone else take their leftover blaster shells and turn them into anything non nerf? Or do you just toss them or rip them apart and use the pieces of plastic for spare parts?

Thanks

(If this should be in the mod section please let me know)

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:41 AM

Put airgun internals in them, or cut the handles off and use them on a homemade blaster.

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:02 PM

My ultimate plan is to build a shell grinder and filament extruder to feed my 3D printer. I shall call him Oroku Saki.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 Slime

Slime

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

The flashlight idea sounds cool, but really what you do with a nerf shell depends on you. I personally don't like the comfort of the hornet, so I wouldn't take the time to do anything to them besides scraping it for parts. But if you just have it laying around and wanna try something, go for it. Nerf is always about creativity. :)

If you find yourself in company of a Firefly or rayven shell however, I would make a strayven or strfly intergation. Coop has them on his channel and they look mad clean.

Edited by Slime, 26 November 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#5 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

I personally don't like the comfort of the hornet, so I wouldn't take the time to do anything to them besides scraping it for parts.

I find it easier to simply unscrew the stuff I want, rather than trying to scrape it off of the shell.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#6 limegreennerf

limegreennerf

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

My ultimate plan is to build a shell grinder and filament extruder to feed my 3D printer. I shall call him Oroku Saki.

Is that possible yet to grind your own plastic up and extrude filament for a 3D printer? If so the idea of getting a 3D printer might be moving up on my list.

LGN

#7 SolarFusion

SolarFusion

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

I have a couple of hornet blasters where I have taken them apart and am selling off the pumps. This leaves me with two blaster shells that I was originally planning on just tossing. Then I was thinking perhaps I can turn them into something else. Right now I am thinking about getting some small led panels, mounting them to the large front opening and adding a battery chamber to turn it into a cool looking powerful flashlight.

I realize that I could just paint it and make it look cool. However, I am looking for something at least somewhat functional, other than just as a prop or decoration.

Does anyone else take their leftover blaster shells and turn them into anything non nerf? Or do you just toss them or rip them apart and use the pieces of plastic for spare parts?

Thanks

(If this should be in the mod section please let me know)

Sell them to me. :lol:

#8 Lunas

Lunas

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

Is that possible yet to grind your own plastic up and extrude filament for a 3D printer? If so the idea of getting a 3D printer might be moving up on my list.

LGN

not all 3d printers use abs

making filament is not too difficult you just need to heat the material evenly and precisely until it gets to a uniform consistency then it gets pushed through a die

#9 XCS2

XCS2

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:35 AM

Usually, people just either put homemade internals or integrate empty shells into existing blasters.

#10 nerfa-derpa

nerfa-derpa

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

I would use the handles for homemades. but also one really good thing with spare shells is to practice painting on them. It helps alot so you don't do a sloppy paintjob on a really good project they you worked on.
D.N.F.F

#11 limegreennerf

limegreennerf

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

Nerfa-derpa I like the idea. We want to start painting some blasters soon so they can be good practice.

Thanks for the ideas. If you have any more keep posting.

Edited by limegreennerf, 10 December 2014 - 06:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users