Photo

Bulk order cored out foam for darts?

6 replies to this topic

#1 TriggerWarning

TriggerWarning

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:51 AM

I was wondering if anyone found a feasible way to get bulk brightly colored foam for making darts. We have a bunch of elite heads that I want to stick back onto darts, but not enough loose foam. Is there a company or seller that sells cheap elite foam and just the foam?

(I suspect this will come up at some point too so I'll mention it now: we tend to have stock wars, so we ban slugs and stefans. I also need foam to be cored for compatibility with stock blasters, and it's impractical to do so manually with Swift foam.)

Edited by TriggerWarning, 18 November 2014 - 06:53 AM.

#2 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:10 PM

I was wondering if anyone found a feasible way to get bulk brightly colored foam for making darts. We have a bunch of elite heads that I want to stick back onto darts, but not enough loose foam. Is there a company or seller that sells cheap elite foam and just the foam?

(I suspect this will come up at some point too so I'll mention it now: we tend to have stock wars, so we ban slugs and stefans. I also need foam to be cored for compatibility with stock blasters, and it's impractical to do so manually with Swift foam.)

Xplorer sells this foam. It's not really brightly colored, but it is precut and the reviews say it is better than standard Nerf foam. If you are only using elite heads though, I would honestly just go out and buy more elite darts. If they are modified elite heads from a company that isn't Hasbro, then these are the way to go. If you are looking for bulk foam, the only way that I know of getting it is ordering bulk from a manufacturer in China. You could probably get it in whatever color you want and it would be hollowed out. However, I was attempting to do a bulk order of foam from China and I ended up getting scammed/hacked (it was never clear which one) and losing a lot of money. There is a lot of risk in ordering from China and you should be extremely cautious if you choose to do so. I hope this helps.
Check out my blog: Fly Nerf

#3 TriggerWarning

TriggerWarning

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:51 AM

Hey Drev, I search the forums earlier and I noticed you posted about the Buzzbee Xtreme darts (I didn't know they were called that). Do you happen to know where to get those in bullk, other than buying it with the Rangemaster?

Edited by TriggerWarning, 26 November 2014 - 12:52 AM.

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:09 PM

You can buy the Extreme darts at Walmart, probably other retailers as well. They use black foam, though. I have recently been in touch with manufacturers regarding full-sized ballistic balls, and some of them offer this same type of EVA tubing. It appears to be not-terrible for pricing, and has a relatively low minimum order of 5000 meters. Any color would be available, but black is half the price of anything else. So if we are more interested this EVA kind of tubing, rather than EPE, then I think I'd be happy to head that up.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 TriggerWarning

TriggerWarning

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:41 AM

The most I'd ever need of EVA (craft foam), is like 5 feet. I'm only making a few darts.

Draconis, since you mentioned it;
If you found a good source of EPE foam, I'd be happy to check it out. Is it cored out?

Edited by TriggerWarning, 30 November 2014 - 02:42 AM.

#6 CS- Tiff

CS- Tiff

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

Well, the first link you mentioned is about a 45 minute drive from where I am (canadaland) so I think I could check it out.

#7 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:54 PM

The most I'd ever need of EVA (craft foam), is like 5 feet. I'm only making a few darts.

Draconis, since you mentioned it;
If you found a good source of EPE foam, I'd be happy to check it out. Is it cored out?

I was proposing replacement of our use of EPE with EVA tube as a permanent solution, rather than only for your Elite heads.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users