9 replies to this topic

#1 bex

bex

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:16 AM

I was looking for a second rapid strike to mod when I saw this:
http://www.walmart.c...laster/36776120
I am wondering if this could become a stationary turret out on the Nerf field. It fires slow and VERY inaccurate stock, but modding should be able to fix some of that. I think two 35 rd drums on this thing with about twice the fire rate would make this pretty fun. I am considering ordering it, but the $90 is giving me some pause. Does this look like a gun that would be impossible to mod? The rapid strike was not difficult for me. I am very good at soldering.

#2 LordGiratia

LordGiratia

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:58 AM

This looks like it will be as easy as the rapidstrike to mod. But the main problem for me and the reason I won't be buying it is the price, as I would rather combine two rapidstrikes to make a cheaper rhino-fire.
Warning, my posts aren't finished when I post them, wait 15 minutes and the post will be perfect.

#3 Bro Juice

Bro Juice

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:46 PM

Don't buy this blaster. The price point is ridiculous, it would be relatively complicated to mod, the faux moving barrels draw a lot of current and it fires slower than it should. Unless you can get the blaster for really cheap, i would recommend to not buy it . get stryfes or rapidstrikes instead.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

#4 bex

bex

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:11 AM

I decided to wait for the after Christmas markdowns. If it drops to around 70, I will try it. I bet they will have a ton of these left over. What parent is going to drop 90 on this? I am sure the turret movement can be disabled. It would be nice to see the internals before I buy it also. I just want to pretend I am Arnold in Terminator 2 with a chain gun. I really like the way it looks. Pulling this out at a war would definitely be awesome. Protecting the base in capture the flag would be way more fun.

Edited by bex, 19 November 2014 - 05:17 AM.

#5 StubbySmith

StubbySmith

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:53 AM

http://nerfarmourer....ar-down-process

If you haven't seen the inside of a Rhino Fire, here is a link to someone opening one up.

#6 SolarFusion

SolarFusion

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

Yeah, I saw this the other day. Looks like it would be a bitch to carry around. Probably even worse than a Vulcan and those are heavy.

#7 bex

bex

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

Looks good to me. I would use these as static base defense guns. My rs is way better for run and gun.

#8 limegreennerf

limegreennerf

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:11 AM

The Rhino-fire may be impractical to maneuver and expensive, but it still looks really cool and sometimes at the end of the day you just want to feel like a Schwarzenegger or Stallone standing there and firing. I personally like the turrets moving back and forth. I also bet that there will be a lot of dads out there that get it so that when their kids have a nerf war that they can feel cool and impress the kids.

#9 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

Eeek, its 90$ for 2 rapid strikes in a turret shell. The internals look annoying, but if your really devoted to be extra tacticool its black friday week for walmart soon.

#10 SolarFusion

SolarFusion

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:31 PM

Eeek, its 90$ for 2 rapid strikes in a turret shell.

Yeah, why not just build your own? It can be done. It'd be one of a kind and you'd feel even more badass than buying it.

Edited by SolarFusion, 22 November 2014 - 10:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users