Photo

Looking for vintage blasters to give to siblings for Christmas

8 replies to this topic

#1 Squirtle

Squirtle

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:18 PM

Hi I have a little brother and he and I nerf a lot but he wants a vintage blaster do I want some offers on a vintage to sell or link me to a sales post on it
I have hot glue I use it alot

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

Well... there are a lot of "old" blasters, but I'm not sure what exactly qualifies as "vintage". Take a look through Orange's Nerf Page for some ideas - the Cyberstrike line is pretty good.

#3 Squirtle

Squirtle

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

Thanks I'll check it out

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:21 PM

I've always had a soft spot for the MaxForce line, personally. When you figure out what you want, make sure to hit us up in the trading forum. I'm sure someone can set you up.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 Squirtle

Squirtle

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:45 AM

I'm gonna look for a lock n load or a splitfire but I'm an fng so I can't post in trading :(

Edited by Squirtle, 11 November 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#6 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

I'm gonna look for a lock n load or a splitfire but I'm an fng so I can't post in trading :(

Heh. Well then, sounds like you're starting out with the two most lustable pistols. The LnL is older, but rugged enough to still have survided, the splitfire is cool but prone to leakage with use giving them a limited life.

I'm not sure how old your siblings are but I'd suggest digging a little deeper. If they're all grown up, maybe you could find out what they actually owned, played with and loved when they were younger and nerfing. As stupid silly as it may sound, my brother ran with a missile storm and used it till the catch had worn down to a dysfunctional stub. It was one of the most inaccurate blasters ever produced, but he loved it dearly, and partied like a maniac when he got lucky enough to score a hit. He was beyond thrilled when I found a nearly new MS, and swapped that catch into his old beloved blaster. He was happier than if I had given him an NIB X-bow. Long story made short: You might get more mileage by helping them re-discover a sentimental favorite than simply buying an "everyone elses'" favorite.

I'm sure YOU would appreciate a LnL or splitfire, but you aren't shopping for you, and in all likelihood, as new or even non-nerfers they probably wouldn't appreciate the significance of either of those two blasters, and might not give them the proper care attention and respect they deserve. If they're just starting to nerf, perhaps you could overhaul some NF's or firestrikes for them? Owning a 'Squirtle Special' - something you've opened, touched and modified would be far more personal than a soulless piece of vintage plastic, worlds more useful too.

Edited by shmmee, 11 November 2014 - 10:52 AM.

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#7 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

Crap. Double post. Apologies.

Edited by shmmee, 11 November 2014 - 10:43 AM.

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#8 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

I'm disturbed that the Squirtle doesn't know he's a mudkip named squirtle. This disturbs me,

#9 Squirtle

Squirtle

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:49 AM

Hey there is no Squirtle avatar my profiles a Squirtle also Daniel beaver is selling the lock n load to me thanks everybody also my brother always loves pistol but he owns a lot and asked for vintage.

Edited by Squirtle, 12 November 2014 - 08:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users