Liquitron Modification Testing

9 replies to this topic

#1 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 12:40 AM

Thoughts?

Makes a pretty strong case for the goo tube mod being purely cosmetic.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#2 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 01:42 AM

Well that pretty much says all that needs to be said about that. I'm glad you kept the rest of the variables as stock as possible. There are too many one time flukes turned into success stories and popular mods.

VACC

#3 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 04:49 PM

good experiment. i like the conclusive data.

Really wanting to turn the liquitron into something, i've been thinking about what was said at YANO, about the liquitron acting as a back-up tank, in theory. is there anyway to prove that with the liquitron emptied, it takes less pumps to re-pressurize the tanks after the first shot? i haven't been able to think of a way to test it, without adding a pressure guage to the main tank, which probably wouldn't work too hot. it's not really a big enough tank to make much of a difference, either...so the experiment might not be worth trying.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#4 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 05:57 PM

That's good to know, I was reluctant to drain it and now I won't. Those are cool graphs you attached.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 08:29 PM

is there anyway to prove that with the liquitron emptied, it takes less pumps to re-pressurize the tanks after the first shot?

I don't think there's any real possibility of this. By 'backup tank' I was referring to the extra volume of high pressure air that would keep the pressure in the main tank higher as the shot was fired. The air in the goo tube and tank would be reduced to 1ATM almost immediately.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 10:01 PM

yeah, your right. oh well...i may drain the liquidtron for the pure purpose of not having to look at it. i haven't opened up an at2k in a few weeks, does it look like 1/4" polyvinyl tubing would fit over the nozzles? are the fittings the same as a 1500? i think being able to completely bridge the liquitron would allow for repairs, or if you just didn't want a power guage.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#7 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 10:23 PM

Absolutely excellent work, I love the degree of scientific rigor you used. We need to adopt this method when we test mods. The Liquitron guage mod was something I had been curious about as well.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#8 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 23 March 2003 - 12:52 PM

Excellent write-up Cxwq, the scientific lingo employed throughout the whole thing made me want to re-start my Nerf / Biotech labratory and start feeding my team of 137 monkeys that work for me (which I have neglected to feed for the past 3 & 1/2 months). I wonder how they're doing...

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#9 El Hombre

El Hombre

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 March 2003 - 05:50 PM

Nice research.. The write-up was great. Although I had alot of hope in the liquid gauge increasing power and range..rats.. still, I'm impressed.

Gr00ve, maybe you should check up on those monkeys.. heheh. :D

#10 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 23 March 2003 - 05:59 PM

Nice research.. The write-up was great. Although I had alot of hope in the liquid gauge increasing power and range..rats.. still, I'm impressed.

Yeah, this one was really hard for me because the findings were not what I had hoped for. I thought it was still important to get the results out there.

So it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users