Photo

Painting and epoxy putty question

2 replies to this topic

#1 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

Hello, Has anyone tried to paint a lanard shot gun or quad shot, if so what where your results?
The reason I'm asking is because the plastic feels like the crappy buzz bee plastic that doesn't like paint.
My other question is what is the best epoxy putty to use for gap filling, and any tips on sanding it?
Thanks

#2 nerfa-derpa

nerfa-derpa

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

just do like any other but use some time sanding. also, just use jb weld to fill in any gaps and sand it the same way. just remember rushing just makes a bad job. good luck and I would love to see pictures when you are done.
D.N.F.F

#3 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

Have you ever heard of smooth cast 65D? You pour it into the shell like water and it cures in to a soild, strong plastic that bonds into all the little crevices. I don't know anything about lanard plastic though, just something to look into :)

Edited by ravetrooper, 19 January 2015 - 07:46 PM.

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users