Rotating barrel minigun

5 replies to this topic

#1 Quimbly

Quimbly

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:15 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm interested in getting (or modding) a Nerf Gun to have a rotating barrel -- like a minigun / vulcan. I've seen the Airzone Punisher Minigun (Nerf Gun Rentals).

First, I'm not familiar with Airzone guns. Are they any good? Does anyone have experience with these guns, and this one in particular?

Also, does Nerf have a rotating barrel gun like this? Anyone ever mod a gun to have something like this? I would love to see pictures.

Thanks!

Edited by Quimbly, 14 October 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#2 pop tart

pop tart

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:46 PM

Nerf does not have a rotating barrel "minigun". The rotating barrels are purely cosmetic and are really pointless, drawing current and adding bulk and complexity. If you really want that machine gun aesthetic, get a Vulcan and mod it to not suck.
Edit: Or a Rhino-Fire, which is coming out soon.

Edited by pop tart, 14 October 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#3 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • State:Massachusetts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:14 PM

why?

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#4 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

Blasters that are currently on the market that would serve as a base fort this build include the Dart Zone Scorpion and the Xploderz Mayhem.

There are plenty of examples for this type of build, but they rarely show up on NerfHaven. As you can tell from previous responses, most people here regard cosmetic builds as asinine and foolhardy. In my opinion, those that think this way are one with their philosophy.

Good Luck.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 14 October 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#5 pop tart

pop tart

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

Blasters that are currently on the market that would serve as a base fort this build include the Dart Zone Scorpion and the Xploderz Mayhem.

There are plenty of examples for this type of build, but they rarely show up on NerfHaven. As you can tell from previous responses, most people here regard cosmetic builds as asinine and foolhardy. In my opinion, those that think this way are one with their philosophy.

Good Luck.

Actually, I'd like to thank you, Duke, for enlightening me, or rather, jarring me out of my current cynical state and back into normalcy. Quimbly, go ahead. Build your minigun! DO IT FOR THE LULZ AND REK PEOPLE LIKE ME JUST TO SPITE US! RISE UP from the tyranny of practicality! Intemagrate a longshot into a Jolt! Make ball blasters! Go crazy! Make a double Dahmer! oh yes....

#6 bex

bex

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • State:Utah

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:10 AM

Actually, I'd like to thank you, Duke, for enlightening me, or rather, jarring me out of my current cynical state and back into normalcy. Quimbly, go ahead. Build your minigun! DO IT FOR THE LULZ AND REK PEOPLE LIKE ME JUST TO SPITE US! RISE UP from the tyranny of practicality! Intemagrate a longshot into a Jolt! Make ball blasters! Go crazy! Make a double Dahmer! oh yes....

Modding Nerf guns doesn't have to be all about performance. Our group has an awfuls round with vintage or unique guns. I say do whatever you want to do with your gun. I certainly don't think we need to make fun of anyone. Let's all try to get along. Some of the best looking nerf guns I have seen don't even fire or were stock inside. They are props for LARP or Cosplay. I think there should be a place for all modders on Nerfhaven. After all, at the end of the day, Nerf guns are just kids toys. We don't need to take it so seriously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users