Nf Shotgun, Double Barreled.

Whoa!

18 replies to this topic

#1 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:22 PM

I've been fiarly preductive these days, yes? 2 origional mods in 2 days, 1 other awsome gun...All in 3 days. Im proud. Well, When modding my warthog, I was pretty much insprired. I have a thing for shotguns, really small, and light guns. So My newest creation covorsall of these.

Its the smallest, and lightest NF to date, also featuring a not-so-spiffy paintjob I am entering in the paintjob contest at nhq.
2 4 inch cpvc barrels with tips sanded down for easy dart loading..you hear that alot lately eh? Anyways, the air restrictor/plunger cap with the 3 perices holding it on was completely hacked off, so air flow is astounding. 2 inches of 17/13(id) vinal tubing go from the plunger tube to the barrels. They fit because I filed down the plunger cap, to make the opening bigger.
I though it wouldnt make more than 15 feet while It was drying, and it was more of a fun thing to do, but it turned out surprisingly well.
Im doing a writeup of this..so hold your horses.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh, ranges? 50-60 feet with my darts. Beautiful. I love it. Dont you?

THIRST

Edited by THIRST, 15 July 2004 - 12:23 PM.

ko

#2 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:26 PM

Meh, not bad. Something about it seems a bit off, but it's not a bad little idea.

Edited by Ragornocks, 15 July 2004 - 12:27 PM.

hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#3 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:30 PM

60 feet eh? Pretty impressive seeing as how most get that range with it single barreled. Whats the secret? Or was that more of a guestimated range.
~SS

#4 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:33 PM

My basement is 50 feet long front to back, I fired at the very back, and it hit the wall with full velocity. Im guesstimating, but It can go 50, and Im pretty sure it can go the extra ten feet the way those darts were hitting.

I know, I was so surprised I got 60, though the velocity is a bit less, and accuracy is less also. Its a shotgun! Who cares?

THIRST
ko

#5 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:35 PM

Do both barrels go about as far as the other?

Edited by LDM, 15 July 2004 - 12:36 PM.

#6 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:41 PM

I can't beleive I didn't think of that! Actually, I would of never thought about that. Awesome job and great ranges. I myself can't see the pics, but I would like to see it.

EDIT: I can see the pics now. HOLY CRAP!

Edited by CustomSnake202, 15 July 2004 - 12:43 PM.

#7 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:43 PM

The barrels go the same distance. Rags, whats a bit off? I need to know anything for future ones Ill be building. My brother immediatly said hes building one after he saw mine fire ^_^ , and I plan on making miore of these to sell/trade and such. Im looking for perfection here, so any suggestions would be nice.

THIRST

Edited by THIRST, 15 July 2004 - 12:57 PM.

ko

#8 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:56 PM

Write-up..now! Just kidding, i don't get how you got two barrels in one though but ill wait for the writeup. Also one question, if you take out the giant air restrictor on the plunger, the giant circular one with the three things holding it, does the plunger still stay in the tube or does it blast out to the barrel? ^_^

also does spray paint affect the grip in any way? ^_^

Edited by Nazgul_Lord, 15 July 2004 - 01:57 PM.

Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#9 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:55 PM

The cap thing doesnt move, and the plunger head is too big to go through it, if that answers your question. The paint has no effect on the grip.

THIRST
ko

#10 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:56 PM

cool nf
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#11 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:08 PM

You wouldn't take out the plunger restrictor. Just epoxy all air paths and drill a hole in the middle. THat way it's not a restrictor, it actually helps the air pressure build up better.

THat is sweet-a. Once I stop by Target tomorrow..I'll be sure to experiment on one or two.
Indiana '11

#12 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:31 PM

I just cut that entire thing out to make the air flow even better...but I guess that works too...

THIRST
ko

#13 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:25 PM

Wow My doubble barelled Warthog (death) only get's 45 feet with two stephans.

#14 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:28 PM

Same with mine. I did this to the NF to improve the warthog, because I liked th warthog, but its velocity just wasnt standard.

THIRST
ko

#15 Guest_nerferdude_*

Guest_nerferdude_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:48 AM

I thought this was a double barreled SHOTGUN. A gun shooting darts is not a shotgun. Go the the TTSS topic if you want to read about a shotgun. I'll try to get pics.

#16 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:34 AM

Shotgun is a weapon that shoots multiple projectiles for doign more damage or making it easier to hot your target CQB. This IS a shotgun, I dont know what your problem is dude.

EDIT: Your ttss is the same thing as THIRSTs by the way. Except you have one barrel and he has two.

Edited by NinjZ, 21 July 2004 - 11:38 AM.

#17 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:54 AM

No NinjZ, a shotgun doesn't have to fire a scatter shot. Have you ever been to a shooting range? A shotgun is just a smoothbore gun without a magazine and a barrel of a standard length.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#18 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:56 AM

I still described a shotgun none-the-less. Ive hunted and had my lisence, I know plenty about shotties. My point was is that THIRSTs NF is still a shotgun and wasnt much different than nerferdudes.

#19 Worlds largest bed race

Worlds largest bed race

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:12 PM

Holy shnikes,Thirst,that's awsome.Not having a good idea of what you did to make this,what would it take to make that into a SSII barrle selector type thing?I would be very interested in that.

Edited by Worlds largest bed race, 21 July 2004 - 01:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users