Supermaxx 350 Remake

more than just a new paintjob

28 replies to this topic

#1 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:47 AM

During my stay in Sedona, Arizona, I found a couple of Supermaxx 350's at the local Walgreens. I already own a sm350, but these caught my eye. They were a red-orange and gray color with a six dollar price tag. I decided to purchase one and try it out. This is the new Supermaxx 350 in box.
Posted Image
I love the new colors; anything with red and gray roxxors. The first thing I noticed was that the tips of the darts were blue, not the traditional purple. So I loaded it up and cocked it. Unlike the other version, the sm350 red has four cocking points, similar to the maxshot. I could already tell that the gun would preform better than it's older version. I was right.
Posted Image
(picture of sm350 outta the box)
With four level shots, ( the gun is tucked in so it is touching my right shoulder) I acheived 26',29', 32.5', and 33'. With a slightly titled angle, the darts all were in a 2.5' radius and all flew 34' respectively. All these shots were preformed with the same method on grass, so the darts did not have much of a skip. Another notable feature of the gun is that it's way quieter than the blue version.

So as a result, this little guy ain't that bad at all for a four shot spring pistol. Unfortunately, I can't find my old sm350 to compare ranges but I know that I only got about twenty feet with that peice of crap. I might open it up today for some observations and possibly modding.

#2 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:57 AM

Come to think of it, I found some of these at my Local Walgreens as well. Maybe Hasbro decided to do a re-release there, which may seem a little strange.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#3 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:10 PM

Alright, I just cpvc modded my sm350 and I like the results. After this mod, I got 50' flat. I did not single barrel this gun, so I should be able to get 50' after I mod the rest of the barrels.

#4 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:14 PM

Well, it's the new box. We need some inside comparision, to check whether they just gave it a new colour, or actually did some re-engineering.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#5 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:16 PM

That's pretty funny. I also saw one the other day and almost had a seizure when I did. But, if they're better, like you say, it might be worth picking up. A four shot spring pistol with 50 feet distance? Cool. Maybe Nerf is going the way of Super Soaker? (Releasing its new line of blasters but rereleasing old blasters in new colors exclusively at certain stores. That would be nice.)
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#6 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:22 PM

Can we get some pics of your mod aswell once youve finished?

edit: This also gives some new hope to the Scout since they seem liek theyre going to be useing the same kind of c0cking mechanism.

Edited by NinjZ, 15 July 2004 - 12:24 PM.

#7 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:23 PM

I remember when i went to florida on my spring break i saw some of those.

I also saw some green ones. Cant remember the exact color scheme though.

#8 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:33 PM

Posted Image
There she blows. I can't find/remember the internals of the old sm350 but they are pretty close. The only thing I have noticed is the little gray tab on the right side of the cocking handle and the four ridges (just like in the maxshot) on the plunger. And yes, I'll post a couple pics when I'm done modding.

#9 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:39 PM

Its exactly the same, how could it get so much better ranges? Its a sm350 with a new color scheme...Is it the same? Im so confused.

THIRST
ko

#10 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:01 PM

A black plunger tube, nice.

#11 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:28 PM

Finally, I have modded the whole gun with cpvc. I'm happy ro report that all the barrels get me 50' flat. Here's a pic.
Posted Image
I've said this a couple times before, does anyone know if the old sm350 has 4 ridges on the cocking plunger? Cause if not, then that's the only obvious improvement to the gun.

#12 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:54 PM

I have one lying around in my room open, I'll try and find it, even though I couldn't when I cleaned my room.
Tyranny Response Team

#13 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:11 PM

Dude, im def. running over ot walgreens to see if they have any. How long are your barrels?

#14 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:17 PM

My barrels are 2 1/4 inches long. My darts don't fit cpvc, so I had to do some dremelling on all four barrels. My darts have a snug fit, which is the main reason they get good range.

#15 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:03 PM

I'll buy one for 6+ shipping.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#16 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:08 AM

Daamn! How many remakes do we need of the SM250? The AT1k was only last year's addition, and the suckage of that gun was profuse. Short, tight barrels will work fine with guns that have a tragically small air volume as long as the spring creates good pressure. By the way, that's probably what makes it better than the older versions (if that is that case). Like on the NF, the spring could be superior. Unless I get more reports of awesome results, I'll stick to modding my older spring pistols that are hanging around if I get bored. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Can anyone tell me why such a tiny blaster would need the optional multi-level power notches? :P
"The 'dance goes on..."

#17 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 11:37 AM

In case you want 1/3 the power, and only let it catch on the shortest one?

Crank'
Tyranny Response Team

#18 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 11:54 AM

Janga, who are Nerf blasters marketed towards?

Kids.

Who can't cock a Nerf blaster due to their undeveloped muscles?

Kids.

What helps them with this?

Smaller blasters, lighter cocking, and multiple levels of being able to prime it, pending on strength.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#19 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:28 PM

Holy crap that's cool.

#20 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:39 PM

They have them at my walgreens aswell, I jsut got back with one. Im planning on cutting the back bit of the caseing off and attaching a key ring for c0cking. Also this will allow me to put rubber bands on the pluger. So hopefully I will get atleast 50' flat out of it, mabey even a bit more with the bands, if the gun can handle it. Ive got spare parts just in case.

Edited by NinjZ, 16 July 2004 - 05:40 PM.

#21 The Lukewarm

The Lukewarm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 01:25 PM

Wow, cool. I've been seeing vintage SuperMaxx 1500s at misc. stores around town here, too. :P I should buy one, but I'm lazy.

#22 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 02:12 PM

Wow, cool. I've been seeing vintage SuperMaxx 1500s at misc. stores around town here, too. :P I should buy one, but I'm lazy.

No offense but I like to call people like you fucking idiot. Go pick up some 1500's and you can sell them for a nice profit.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#23 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 02:23 PM

Hey, I don't wanna be a grouch...

But I posted this on NerfHQ like, a couple months ago.

Click Me!
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#24 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 03:27 PM

Yeah Seriously this "new" remake has been out for more than a couple months my friend got one almost a year ago, here in seattle.
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#25 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 04:15 PM

Sorry Grinch, I barely ever go to NerfHQ and I didn't see anything here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users