I could use some help

8 replies to this topic

#1 ZedFightsGanon

ZedFightsGanon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

I made a few Stefans to test them out in a few of my blasters. They are several different lengths. I tried them in a Hammershot, Slingfire, and Stryfe. Obviously they are working fine in the Hammershot since it is front loading, but not in the Slingfire or Stryfe. I noticed on at least the Stryfe that the dart pusher isn't pushing the darts far enough to be caught by the flywheels. I was under the impression that you can put Stefans in clip fed blasters, let along flywheel blasters. Also I have no idea why the Slingfire won't fire them. I'm hoping somebody here has the answer.

Disclaimer: I've tried searching Google, Youtube, and the forums here but I haven't found an answer on my own.

#2 TheNerfingFlamingo

TheNerfingFlamingo

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 91 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

How long were the stefans you were using in the slingfire? If they are too short, they can't get full use of the breech, so they won't fire.
I killed a man with my titan.

#3 ZedFightsGanon

ZedFightsGanon

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

How long were the stefans you were using in the slingfire? If they are too short, they can't get full use of the breech, so they won't fire.

Smallest was 1.5'', largest was 1.75''. What about in the Stryfe? I've heard of people using all sorts of lengths in flywheel blasters.

edit: messed up lengths

Edited by ZedFightsGanon, 26 August 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#4 TheNerfingFlamingo

TheNerfingFlamingo

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

You can use them in flywheel blasters, maybe consider purchasing a Stefan mag? These allow you to effectively use stefans in magazine-fed blasters.
There's this one if you don't want to wait for a release date:
www.Xplorersg.com/X_dart-mag/p1477121_8120893.aspx

And there's this one if you can afford to wait until the release date
www.orangemodworks.com/product_p/otg-mag25d.htm

Hope this helped.

#5 ZedFightsGanon

ZedFightsGanon

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

You can use them in flywheel blasters, maybe consider purchasing a Stefan mag? These allow you to effectively use stefans in magazine-fed blasters.
There's this one if you don't want to wait for a release date:
www.Xplorersg.com/X_dart-mag/p1477121_8120893.aspx

And there's this one if you can afford to wait until the release date
www.orangemodworks.com/product_p/otg-mag25d.htm

Hope this helped.

I've seen the omw one but not the other. Thank you!

#6 TheNerfingFlamingo

TheNerfingFlamingo

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

No problem, you might want make some shorter stefans (1 to 1.5 in.) if you are planning on getting a Stefan mag.

#7 spencerak

spencerak

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • State:Michigan

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

Even if you get the stefan mags, you will still need to lengthen your dart pusher in order for the front of the darts to reach the flywheeles.

Edited by spencerak, 26 August 2014 - 03:59 PM.

Holy shit it's Captain Slug.

#8 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • State:Utah

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

For the flywheel blasters - The dart pushers inside only need to push the tip of a stock 3" dart a little bit to nudge them into the flywheels. When you use a shorter dart, you subtract distance between the dart pusher and the flywheels. Shorter darts lack the extra inch of foam needed to get it between the wheels. You need to extend the pusher arm to make up the distance sacrificed by using shorter darts. You'll also need to modify your mag with a bar behind it to keep darts organized towards the front of the clip so they don't get hung up on the extended pusher.

For the spring powered/clip fed blasters - The breeches get tighter towards the back. This serves to get a firmer grip on the dart, allowing pressure to build up in the plunger tube before the pressure can over power the dart and pop it out like a cork. If you're using a shorter dart, your dart tooth isn't able to push your dart all the way to the back of the breech so you aren't corking the breech for pressure to build. Your best bet there is to insert a bit of 17/32" brass into the breech, moving the "tight spot" further forward to reach your shorter darts. Again - you'll have to modify your mag to fit your darts and keep them aligned in the clip.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#9 grenadegreg

grenadegreg

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

The stefans are not catching the flywheel because they are too short. I had This same problem. Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users