Photo

Brithop question

3 replies to this topic

#1 GeshmanWG

GeshmanWG

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:18 AM

I needed some help on making a Brithop and didn't want to necro the shit out of the old topic.

When making a Brithop (I intend to make it out of CPVC, but this question is for CPVC, Brass, and PETG) should I ream out the outer PVC like you do for a traditional hopper barrel? I need to make a Brithop because I have been having some feeding issues with my normal hopper when using blasters such as my Handcannon, and my hopefully soon to be completed hoppered longshot.
Like so (this is not my image, it came from Ryan201821's original hopper post)
Posted Image

Edited by GeshmanWG, 24 August 2014 - 05:25 AM.

#2 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

I took the BritHop concept and improved it a bit so that you can both gain the advantages of having an elevated floor to the wye (original advantage of BritHop) as well as having smooth transition into the firing barrel. http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=23643

The original BritHop used PETG which is looser than CPVC to the point where beveling the ridge isn't necessary.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#3 GeshmanWG

GeshmanWG

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

I saw this post but I don't have access to a lathe. I may try the CPVC one suggested as the Brithopp I tried making actually fired worse than my normal barrels.

#4 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

It turns out you don't need a lathe. Just take a BritHop and put it in backwards and then join it to your beveled barrel entrance (which is what I believe he posted in there)
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users