Photo

Advice on singled titan

5 replies to this topic

#1 xXasskickerXx

xXasskickerXx

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:09 PM

I have a singled titan with a hornet pump and 14 inch 1/2" Id copper barrel . It's inside a 3b she'll similar to a mav titan. Any ideas on how I can make it better or if it's battle worthy to be carried with my longshot?The b3 titan

USER WAS SUSPENDED FOR THIS POST

There is nothing extremely egregious about this post, but the sum total of your posting history has been all marginally garbage so enjoy a 2 day ban.

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 21 August 2014 - 02:53 AM.

-kika

#2 ooontrprzes

ooontrprzes

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

My only advice from a performance standpoint would be to consider a higher volume pump, I don't know how many that little bugger takes to prime, but I usually call about 5 strokes tops for war readiness (I'm a cheap date, what can I say?) Aside from that, my only concern would be the overall rickety-ness of the thing, I also assess war readiness by how well it can be flung in haste and desperation while running through the woods. Essentially, if you wince when a 6 year old touches it, it ain't ready.

Plus, singled titans are hard to get away with in a lot of wars (trust me, I have 5, we've had to hide them in DTGs, volunteer to be point-blanked, and all other manner of silliness).
The only thing worse than stupid is lazy, at least an idiot will try. And its usually entertaining.

#3 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Singled titans can use a much longer barrel than 14 inches. Try 2 feet of whatever barrel fits your darts best. Also, the stock pump pushes more air than a hornet pump I believe, so maybe switch the pump back to the stock one. And make an absolver attachment so you can actually use it in a war.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#4 xXasskickerXx

xXasskickerXx

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

My only advice from a performance standpoint would be to consider a higher volume pump, I don't know how many that little bugger takes to prime, but I usually call about 5 strokes tops for war readiness (I'm a cheap date, what can I say?) Aside from that, my only concern would be the overall rickety-ness of the thing, I also assess war readiness by how well it can be flung in haste and desperation while running through the woods. Essentially, if you wince when a 6 year old touches it, it ain't ready.

Plus, singled titans are hard to get away with in a lot of wars (trust me, I have 5, we've had to hide them in DTGs, volunteer to be point-blanked, and all other manner of silliness).

I tried the stock pump but the hornet pump has a one way valve witch is a fine trade off for the smaller volume . it's also far from rickety I can throw the thing away if I have to but I wouldn't want to if I don have to,
-kika

#5 xXasskickerXx

xXasskickerXx

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

Do you think a mag strike pump would work
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Don't double post especially when you're replying to the same person. This isn't Facebook.

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 21 August 2014 - 02:45 AM.

-kika

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

Magstrike pumps are a better choice than Hornet pumps, but an application like the Titan requires something far beyond either. That said... Titans shooting single micro darts are a waste. You put in the effort to pump that much air, you should make it shoot something better, like rockets.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users