Photo

Modded gun idea: Revolver

An idea for a modded Doublestrike gun that turns it into a revolver.

6 replies to this topic

#1 LetsgetNerf

LetsgetNerf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

Hello, first of all, i would like to say that this is my first post, and i had some trouble deciding whether this would be a modded gun, or a homemade, but since it uses parts from store bought Nerf guns, i put it in mods. My idea is to take the Doublestrike nerf gun , and turn it into a revolver. Now, i know what you are saying: "There is already a revolver, its the hammershot!" but my idea is to remove the barrel of the gun, and modify it to hold a sledgefire shotgun shell as the cylinder. The awesome part would be that you could quickly remove the cylinder, and insert another shell for three more shots. I think this would be a good idea because it would be like a smaller version of the hammershot with a removable cylinder. This could be a tactical advantage due to its short reload time, and you could order more shells from hasbro. I had this idea when i tried using my sledgefire after not using it for a while, and it would only shoot about 2 yards at times, and was very inconsistent, so i wondered what other use i would have for the shells if i couldn't fix the gun. (its fixed now.)I would imagine that it would look somewhat like a B-3 Wingman from titanfall (http://titanfall.wik...wiki/B3_Wingman)It could also have a shot barrel at the front of it to add accuracy at a longer range. Please give me your feedback on whether or not this is a good idea. I think it would be an interesting gun to mod. Thank you! :lol:
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

This post is the worst manifestation of a concept thread and a glowing example of why they are explicitly prohibited in the New Members Guide interpretation of the Code of Conduct

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 17 August 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#2 Zack Dorris

Zack Dorris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

It's a little hard to visualize but what would you use to rotate the cylinder? Would it rotate automatically or by hand.? Maybe a prototype would help or a drawing.

#3 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

I think I get the concept. Not to try to discourage, (by all means try it if you get the parts) but I imagine that the hammershot plunger tube doesn't have enough air volume for the sledgefire shell. So you would have a shotgun pistol, but it probably would only shoot 5-10 ft with each shot.
Wyes may take a while...:

My Youtube Channel

#4 AMATHE821

AMATHE821

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

I think I get the concept. Not to try to discourage, (by all means try it if you get the parts) but I imagine that the hammershot plunger tube doesn't have enough air volume for the sledgefire shell. So you would have a shotgun pistol, but it probably would only shoot 5-10 ft with each shot.

I agree with Kronos here. You might have to use a bigger plunger tube to get it to be effective. Maybe a retaliator plunger tube or something like that.

#5 Thorn

Thorn

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

I may be wrong, but I think he means use the shotgun shells as a cylinder, and make it so that you can quick change them like the maverick or strongarm mods. That way you could have 3 3 shot cylinders that you could change quickly. Basically a smaller 3 shot hammershot with quick change cylinders.
EDIT: Yeah, sorry I meant cylinders. It's fixed now.

Edited by Thorn, 17 August 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#6 LetsgetNerf

LetsgetNerf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

It wouldnt shoot all three at once, it will revolve, like a mini hammershot, but you can reload quickly by replacing the shell. Sorry for the confusion.

I may be wrong, but I think he means use the shotgun shells as a turret, and make it so that you can quick change them like the maverick or strongarm mods. That way you could have 3 3 shot turrets that you could change quickly. Basically a smaller 3 shot hammershot with quick change turrets.

Exactly. I was a little confused when you said turret, but yes, its the same idea.

Edited by LetsgetNerf, 17 August 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#7 LetsgetNerf

LetsgetNerf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

It's a little hard to visualize but what would you use to rotate the cylinder? Would it rotate automatically or by hand.? Maybe a prototype would help or a drawing.

Ill try to add a drawing, but i would imagine that it would use a revolving mechanism similar either to the Magnum, or the Hammershot, but i think the Hammershot one would be better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users