Photo

Do you still use Nerf brand toys?

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you still use Nerf brand toys? (134 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you still buy new Nerf brand (hasbro) blasters?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

In general, do you play with Nerf brand (hasbro) blasters?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you use a Nerf brand (hasbro) blaster as your primary blaster at outdoor nerf wars organized on NerfHaven?

Do you use Nerf brand (hasbro) blasters at any wars hosted on NerfHaven? (Including indoor wars, pistol rounds, etc as long as you use it during an actual round)

Do you use Nerf brand (hasbro) blasters for any of the following in the last year (check all that apply)

How old are you?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

I'm interested in how many of us still use Nerf products at NerfHaven organized wars and other events.

Note: In order to count, the part of your blaster that stores energy and/or transfers that energy to the dart must be part of a Nerf brand (hasbro) blaster. Shells and handles on a homemade or off-brand toy do not count.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

POPULAR

I occasionally purchase Nerf-brand blasters and I still have a few older ones that I enjoy messing with, like my Splitfire or SuperMaxx 750. The flywheel blasters are also enjoyable enough that I bought one.

However, nothing I use in Nerf wars now are Nerf-branded, it's all Buzzbee or the Sceptor or homemade (I guess the Maximizer is Mattel, so that too). If I was in an environment where I felt the need for a pistol, I would probably end up using a Nite Finder or Firestrike instead of a Panther, but as of yet that need has not struck me.

Some of the most fun I've had with Nerf blasters is buying a few Praxis with Kane and Ryan after they dropped and after spending half an hour taking out the billions of safety features shooting each other in Ryan's house. We also did it with those insane Buzzbee 48-shot flywheel blasters but those were more work to clean up and reload.

Edited by Ice Nine, 15 August 2014 - 07:12 PM.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#3 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

I only use nerf branded blasters in the office. Im too old to compete in NIC events personally(as in no longer in shape to keep up with younger crowd)

Edited by 2TAGS, 15 August 2014 - 08:00 PM.

#4 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

I still buy Nerf-brand blasters for use at indoor wars, and general dicking around. I used to use more homemade stuff at indoor wars, but the new Elite line is a significant bump in performance (good enough that I only use Elite blasters at indoor wars).

For outdoor wars, I use homemade blasters. I do have a few modded blasters laying around, but I only ever use them for "fun" rounds.

#5 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

POPULAR

I only use nerf branded blasters in the office. Im too old to compete in NIC events personally

No one is too old to compete in NIC events.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#6 xXhunter47Xx

xXhunter47Xx

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

I purchase new Nerf brand blasters to play with for 5 minutes and inevitably break it trying to figure out how it works.

#7 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

I've talked to a couple nerfers about this topic.

It seems that the only Nerf (hasbro) brand blasters that can somewhat compete with homemades are out of production. An example being 3k's, specifically their tanks. Due to the increase use of homemades, the only stock blasters that I've seen used on an even playing field are the air tanks and because Nerf doesn't produce many air powered blasters most people resort to Buzzbee brand blasters.
Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#8 charlie156

charlie156

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:48 PM

when you say nerf (hasbro) I assume you're not counting Larami and kenner nerf blasters?

#9 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

I think there needs to be a "none of the above" checkbox, since I don't apply to any of those, yet it's saying I didn't respond to each poll question. Just an FYI.

The only time I use nerf blasters are when I am screwing around with a disc blaster. I think they're the coolest product line nefr has made, even though it's probably one of the least popular.

#10 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

when you say nerf (hasbro) I assume you're not counting Larami and kenner nerf blasters?

I don't know how I can make that more clear. Yes, that's what I meant.

I think there needs to be a "none of the above" checkbox, since I don't apply to any of those, yet it's saying I didn't respond to each poll question. Just an FYI.

The only time I use nerf blasters are when I am screwing around with a disc blaster. I think they're the coolest product line nefr has made, even though it's probably one of the least popular.

Fixed. Yeah, they're pretty fun. Not bad at an indoor war either.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#11 TheSilentRebel

TheSilentRebel

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

I love pulling out a 3K for a few rounds every war. Shoots further than anything else on the field and has supa accuracy. It's perfect for death matches, where you don't need a whole lotta love rate of fire to do well. Obviously most of us still use Nite Finders for pistol rounds or UCP, so I guess the Nerf brand does have a footing there.
We are men of action, lies do not become us.

#12 Alduin

Alduin

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

I buy them every once in a while especially they are on clearance.

#13 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Very rarely. I'm saving like 3 for indoor wars/ HVZ/ dicking around purposes. But homemades are far more effeminate than store bought blasters.
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#14 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

I do still use blasters a lot, a lot due to living in NYC, showing up with a big white home made got my friend the cops, just because some anti gun moms thought it was a real rifle, because purple tape surely makes it real, a 2 taped barrel rainbow surely is realistic, especially when he's shooting other people who are playing with him. It is also probably because I failed at making a homemade pistol.

#15 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

I get them mostly for the tech (Them discs!) and shooting at family/friends. Too bad there isn't a good way to make darts behave like that, I love the built-in magazine on the vigilon.

Though really, I build homemades mostly 'just because' as well, so there's that.

#16 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

With the new Elite line featuring sturdy direct plungers and delrin catches that can easily be upgraded to fire stock darts at 100fps, it makes sense that a lot of new nerfers are drawn into the hobby.

Some models of blasters can even push up to 130fps. Combine this with new off-brand Koosh darts and Nerf brand blasters can actually out perform, out gun, and out class some of the old NiC favorites.

I recently attended a war running such a blaster against 4B's, Scepters, and the like; quite a few times the accuracy, range, and rate of fire of my Nerf branded blasters assured my teams victory.

#17 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:36 AM

No one is too old to compete in NIC events.

I can vouch for this. Though I was sore for three days.

So... On the first question, if I still buy new models of Hasbro blasters, but not at retail, what do I choose?
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#18 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

POPULAR

So... On the first question, if I still buy new models of Hasbro blasters, but not at retail, what do I choose?

New in this case means.....new. I guess if you're buying new in box blasters from some intermediate party and they are blasters that are currently available in stores, that would count, but for simplicity I would say retail is what we're talking about here.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users