9 replies to this topic

#1 Lizard Messiah

Lizard Messiah

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

WANO VI (Washington Area Nerf Out)

Woodland Park, Seattle, WA
Saturday, September 27th (rain or shine)
12:00pm - 6:00pm

Directions:

Posted Image
Meet in the parking lot just off of Highway 99 (#1). If you are heading north on 99 there is a turn that leads directly to this parking lot. Please look at a map. Last time we had some issues with meeting up as the picnic structure was occupied so we will now gather in the lot. Please don't be late. If you think you'll be late PM me and I'll give you my cell. Once noon hits we will be moving to the area by the picnic structure. If this area is occupied we will be using an area south of there, right up against 99 (#2). Stick to the fence and walk past the stone wall: that's where we'll be.

Primer:

This may be the last one of the season so let's make it a good time. Feel free to invite friends! We always have plenty of loaner weapons thanks to our generous participants. If you can arm yourself, great. If you can bring extra darts (within regulations) please do! See you all there.

Bring:

Good attitude. We are participating in a somewhat whimsical sport. Relax and enjoy. Sharing your stuff is certainly not required but is much appreciated.

Blasters! All you got! Modded or homemade preferred, stock acceptable. Be aware that these wars tend to feature higher powered blasters (long range, homemade, rapid fire). Loaners are very much appreciated.

Eyewear for yourself and extras if you've got them.

Darts! Stefans preferred (no glue domes or exposed metal). We will have a stockpile of stock and homemade but would love to borrow yours for the day.

Water and lots of it. Food would be good. We will break for lunch, but I would prefer it brief since we're starting late. Eating lunch beforehand would be a good idea.

Etiquette:

(RULE #1, of the utmost importance) Don't be a bitch – or put more positively, be a gentleman. We are all gentlemen here, treat each other with respect and play fair. Be nice. Play with honor. Don't try to cheat the rules or do anything untoward -- remember that this is a game! At the end of the day, being upset about something in-game is really not worth it. I am doing my best to keep balance and tweak gametypes as needed. But games will never be perfectly balanced, so I ask that everyone keep this in mind and remember that we are all here because we have this crazy hobby in common and we should treat each other well. If you are disruptive or unpleasant you will be asked to leave. Please don't make this necessary. Puh-lease.

Don’t waste time. If we are picking up darts, thou shalt help out. If we are gearing up to start a game, get your shit together and get in line. I will do my best to not be long-winded in explanations of games/rules and I ask that you be ready to listen.

Dart sweeps will happen frequently and must be respected. You can load up and otherwise mess with your gear after the sweep. If you are dying and need some water first, that is understandable. I will yell at you if you are not sweeping when everyone else is. I promise. Unless we are doing a thorough sweep, just keep the darts you want and throw the rest in the pool. This will save time in preparing for the next round.

I have no issue with smoking at all, but other players might. Please be considerate and step away from those who may not want to enjoy your cloud. Alcohol is absolutely prohibited for what I think should be obvious reasons. Keep it relatively clean, kids.

General Rules:

Eyewear required by all players during the game. We have limited extras, please bring your own. If you are not wearing eye protection you will be considered out of the game. Please don't bring full face masks as they tend to freak pedestrians out.

Age minimum is 14 years. If you are being chaperoned, your chaperones will have to stay so we know you can get home. Even if you are younger, you are still subject to the same rules as everyone else. Please be mature and cooperative, not disruptive.

This is not a democracy, but it is also not a dictatorship and I am open to suggestions about gametypes/rules. The goal is effective use of time, so if you have a good idea that is simple and quickly executed I am open to that. I am also very happy to accept feedback afterwards that will factor into future games. But! I am the be-all-end-all authority for simplicity’s sake. I will totally listen to you guys but for the sake of organization if you attend this war, you accept that fact. Don’t worry, I’m not that bad of a guy.

Everyone has the right to call a hold for any reason. If a hold is called, stop and spread the word. If you hear someone yell hold, you do the same. We stop for pedestrians or other unexpected eventualities that warrant stopping. This will happen in the area we are using so if anyone calls a stop just chill for a bit. Please note, I will call resumes. If we have multiple people calling resumes it will be confusing. If I don’t know what is going on yet, just wait a minute. We will get back in action soon.

Flagging tape for team games should be placed on the head or prominently on the blaster as these things tend to protrude around cover. No one should be confused about what team you are on.

Boundaries are awkward for this field. In general, don't try to be tricky. Stay where everyone else is. If you think your idea is really clever, it's probably too clever and just don't do it.

Hits:

Any part of your body counts as a hit (clothes, accessories, facial hair (this was a thing), whatever). Your blaster also counts as a hit. No shields. No blocking. No exceptions.

The shooter calls the hit, meaning if someone says they hit you, it is true: period. Do not argue. You will be back in the game soon enough and you will have your revenge. Shooters, if you do not see the hit happen for sure, do not call it! Be a gentleman! Make sure to call your hits because they are frequently not felt. If you are hit and they don’t call it, be nice and just take it. There is no such thing as arguing over a hit at these wars. If you are seriously having an issue with someone, talk to me or one of my officers (Drew, Cade, David).

Barrel taps are permitted if your blaster is loaded and ready to fire. Please do not smack anyone with your blaster. Give them a friendly pat on the back or just say "barrel tap." They should generally happen to an unaware opponent from behind. If you are attacking from the front, just shoot them. If you know you are screwed and someone is approaching from the front, just put your hands up if you would rather not be shot. No bayonet action, kids. When in doubt, just shoot 'em, they will survive.

When hit, put your hands/blaster above your head and please get out of the way. Don’t reload/pick up darts in the middle of a firefight as it is confusing and irritating. Go somewhere away from the action to do that sort of thing. No one should ever have to ask if you are in. If you are so far away from the action that no one will be confused, fine, you don't have to hold your hands up. But if someone has to ask if you're in it's because you aren't making it clear. Do us a favor.

Weaponry:

Do not bring blasters that look like real guns. Bright colors are great. If your blaster looks scary we will ask you to put it away.

Range limit is 120ft. I reserve the right to ban blasters for any reason at all. Bring what you have, but I may have to veto.

No melee weapons. Period.

Darts:

Bring lots of these if you have them, they are appreciated even if we don’t end up using them. But! No glue domes! We have purged all the glue domes in the bin so don't bring more. Obviously no exposed metal. Soft tips only.

Darts will be pooled at the end of rounds, so mark them if you want them back at the end of the day.

Gametypes:

TDM (3:15)
Speedround TDM
CTF (Unlimited Spawn)
FFA Pistols (Continuous)
King of the Stopwatch

Thanks to Gunther, Dayko, FlamingHilt, ooontrprzes and Langley for rule/gametype inspiration! You guys are the best.

Please reply to confirm!

Confirmed:
LizardMessiah
namm

Maybe:

Edited by Lizard Messiah, 11 September 2014 - 03:09 PM.

A man is scarcely a man without a handkerchief.

#2 ooontrprzes

ooontrprzes

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Yay! in. I'm sure Cole will be in, as well. Everyone else, we'll see.

Edited by ooontrprzes, 04 August 2014 - 07:57 PM.

The only thing worse than stupid is lazy, at least an idiot will try. And its usually entertaining.

#3 FeFish

FeFish

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

This is one I should be able to go to, but I don't know at the moment, so I'll have to wait and see. Defiant maybe.
It's Fe Ferris as in Iron the element

Selling pair of steampunk hand painted Mavericks 40$ and Steampunk Barricade with stock and scope 50$ PM me if interested. get them while you can

#4 japeth0

japeth0

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

I will be there. I have at least one more with me. That number could balloon. Will update when I know for sure about additional.

Update: I have an additional 1-3 more.

Edited by japeth0, 13 August 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#5 postrodent

postrodent

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:03 AM

It's actually Aug 17, right? I'll be there with a couple stock pistols, a modded primary blaster and maybe-possibly a homebuilt.

#6 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

Ill be there. Also requesting medic game type if we have enough people to make it work resonably.

#7 Lizard Messiah

Lizard Messiah

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

Glad to hear you all can make it!

japeth0, good to hear from you again. You guys make those stock blasters truly deadly.

postrodent, yes. Yes it is.

nisaburo, we can make that happen if we have enough people but it's pretty awkward with small numbers.

#8 iModify

iModify

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

Sadly I don't think I can make it this time because I messed up my foot, but there's a chance!
Air guns go bang bang

-iModify

#9 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

Im looking for some thin wall 1" pvc. Anyone able to help me out at the war?

#10 Lizard Messiah

Lizard Messiah

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

Gentlemen, that was excellent. Thank you all for coming, I had a lovely time. Hope you all can make it out again, and feel free to bring friends! We generally have a hell of a lot of guns laying around so it shouldn't be hard to arm people.

Highlights:
- nisaburo executing me in dramatic style with a pistol, repeatedly
- japeth0 and Kawika reminding me that stock weapons in the right hands (and toe shoes) are incredibly formidable
- DarthFreyr's tree juking, AKA "the bounce"
- The continuous pistol round that absolutely would not end
- THE CAGE
- Breaking my barrel off on Kawika (sorry)
- King of the Stopwatch and how uncompromisingly ferocious it was
- Getting shot in the face

Thanks all, next one is almost sure to be Saturday, September 27th. Mark your calendars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users