Anyone have an interest in Foam

Considering buying more of the foam that I previously sold

60 replies to this topic

#1 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

Foam has been ordered. Pre-orders are no longer accepted. Please wait for the sales thread.

It is time for everyone to send their payments. Just to be clear, it is $1 per meter and those ordering 30m or greater will get the bonus. Please send the payments through Paypal to dpittenger3@comcast.net. As soon as I get all of the payments, I will order the foam and it should get to my house in about 20 days (shipping from china takes a long time). After that, I will take all of your shipping information and calculate shipping. After that, you will send me the shipping costs through Paypal and I will ship you the foam. Thanks to everyone who has pre-ordered and made this foam ordering happen. I am making a list on the bottom of this post to keep track of everyone who has paid.

Update 7/10/14: Good news, everyone. The company just informed me that I can buy all 3000 meters, but I don't have to ship it all at once. I'm thinking of shipping 1000 meters here, which means shipping will be one third of the price and everyone will get their pre-orders and bonuses. There will also be some foam left over for me to sell normally. I'm switching the total back to 600 meters. The total is currently 571, so one 30m order could let me order the foam. Please spread the word, because if everyone follows through with their payments, this foam can be ordered very soon. I just need one more commitment of 30 meters and I can order it.

Update 7/8/14: I want to start off by thanking everyone who has committed so far. The total is now 556. That total would be really good if It had to be 600 meters, but the company got back to me with the shipping costs and they were much higher than I calculated based on my previous order. Due to these shipping costs, the total has to get up to 863 meters. I know it is a lot and it is a weird number, but that is the total. If you want this foam, that is how high the total has to get. If everyone wants this foam, please spread the word to people you know that might want foam. If the total got to 600 meters in just a few days, I believe that it can get to 863 within a week. I know that we will be able to get this foam, but for now please spread the word. Also, I am putting a foam counter at the top of the page and I will constantly update it. If you want to pre-order/commit, reply to this thread, pm me, or email me at Drev453@gmail.com.

Update 7/6/14: The total is currently 455 meters and maybe 505 soon. It is getting close. Thanks to everyone so far. Just so everyone knows, if you pre-order 30+ meters you will be a getting 1/3 of your foam bonus. For example, if you ordered 30m, you would get 40 meters total.

Update 7/5/14: The foam will definitely be blue and it will be in 1 meter long segments. This helps with shipping and people buying odd numbers of foam. So far, the total number of meters ordered is 305. That is half way there. Remember, the more you order, the bigger the bonus of foam. For those of you pre-ordering under 30 meters, I would encourage you to go up to 30 meters just to help move this along. I don't wan't to pressure you to do this, but it would be a big help. I am thinking that since I am ordering so much foam, for everyone that pre-orders 30 meters they will receive 10 meters bonus. That is a very good bonus. Anyways, I am confident that this is going to happen and I want to say thank you to everyone that has said they will commit so far. Here is the video testing the barrel fit of my current foam: Barrel Fit Test Here is a vise test on my foam to show durability: Vise Test. Lastly, here is a video of the vise test on beige foam. This was just something that I filmed after the fact because it surprised me: Beige Vise Test I'll also post these links below.

Update 7/4/14: The company has informed me that I would need to buy a completely new batch in order to get blue foam. That is, unless any of you want white foam of the same quality. This minimum order is 3000 meters! That is a lot of foam. That means I need people to commit to about 600 meters before I order. That is a lot of meters. For this to happen, I will need a lot of people to commit. It is also a fantastic time to buy all the foam you will ever need. You can adjust all of your barrels to work for this foam if you buy enough. This foam will definitely be blue though and I will have 2400 meters extra after that to supply to the community for a very long time. Just for an example, if 20 people bought 30 meters each, it would add up to $600 and the foam could be purchased. If more people bought more foam, we would need fewer people. I think this is possible considering 8 people are already interested in the first day. A bonus to buying this much is that we can decide how long the segments of foam are. They are giving a choice. I'm guessing people will want 1 meter or 2 meter segments. Which one? TL;DR The minimum order quantity for blue foam is 3000 meters so I need people to commit to 600 meters instead of 200. This is a great opportunity to buy a large amount of foam and it will supply blue foam to the community for a very long time.

Hi everyone, as some of you may know, I sold foam a few months ago. The information can be found on this thread. I ran out of that foam to sell and now I am thinking of ordering more foam. Last time, my foam had very positive feedback from the people that I sold it to, and I also think the foam is very nice. It is good quality foam and the bright colors make your darts look cool and be easy to recover.
Posted Image

I did a few tests for the foam on the previous thread to show its durability and it held up very well. I have had no problems with this foam that I haven't had with any other foam. It is overall just a really great foam. My old post about this foam said that it doesn't work well with high temp hot glue guns. It turns out that the glue gun I was using was extremely high temp. I got a new high temp one that isn't as hot and it works just fine.
Barrel Fit
Vise Test
Beige Foam Vise Test
Posted Image

I will be ordering 400 meters of this foam. That is equivalent to 1312 feet. I know it is a weird measurement in feet, but the company does their measurements in meters. The foam comes in 2 meter segments, so each order has to be an even number because cutting the foam is pointless. The pricing for the foam will be $1 per meter or $2 per 2 meter segment. This is cheaper than what I sold the foam for last time. The coolest part about this foam is that the color hasn't been chosen yet. The colors I am offering are red/pink (what it was before), blue, and purple. I am leaning towards purple since no one has purple foam and it would differentiate from the other foams out there. It isn't definite that it can be one of these colors, but the odds are good. If it isn't blue or purple it will probably be red/pink. Please tell me what color you would be interested in. All colors are easy to spot and they all make your darts look cool. It looks like people are leaning towards blue right now.

If I were to order this foam, I would need enough people to commit to it to add up to 200 meters. This is because the import costs are very high and instead of losing money I would like to break even. This means that the people would have to pay for the foam in advance (not shipping yet) and I would then order the foam. Once it gets to my house I would ask for shipping information, have you pay for shipping, and then ship it to you. If the foam doesn't work out and it never arrives or something, you will get your money back. This situation is doubtful though since I have worked with the company before. Once you order this foam in advance, there is no backing out. If you ordered the foam, you are getting it*. Since the people ordering the foam in advance are helping me with this, they will each be getting a free amount of foam depending on their order size and maybe even cheaper shipping (I will pay for some shipping).

In summary, this is a great foam that looks awesome and performs well. In order for me to order it, I need people to buy at least 600 meters before I order it so that I have enough money to ship and import it into the U.S. The people that order the foam in advance will get bonus free foam and possibly cheaper shipping to their house.

If you have any questions about this foam or this post in general, please ask me. Also, if you want me to do any more tests on the foam, let me know.

*Unless the foam arrives defected in some way.

People who pre-ordered (strikethrough=paid)
Nerfgirl36
iModify
Sam-Underscore
kbk652
naturalman7
evilbunnyo
toxic
droid31
Draconis
Azrael
Anonymous
Thorn
Conith
Crazy Modder
therealnerfjunkies
Nerf Gra
Ospak
Ivan S

Edited by Drev, 11 August 2014 - 10:03 AM.

Check out my blog: Fly Nerf

#2 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

Is the fit looser than beige? The picture is somewhat decieving. The barrels I use don't play well with beige foam so that's why I ask. I would definatley be interested if the fit is right.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#3 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

Is the fit looser than beige? The picture is somewhat decieving. The barrels I use don't play well with beige foam so that's why I ask. I would definatley be interested if the fit is right.

The fit is about the same a beige, but after you run the foam through your barrels a couple times it becomes a really good fit. I can also be stretched because it stretches pretty well. I just use normal cpvc barrels and this stuff works great.

Edit: Buffnerd says it is tighter than beige. So since I said it is the same I would say that it is tighter.

Edited by Drev, 04 July 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#4 BuffNerd

BuffNerd

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

It's tighter than beige foam. It's has a slightly looser push fit in PETG. I preordered some of the pink/red foam from Drev and I have nothing bad to say about it. This is the best foam that I've every seen and I have experience with the following colors: red/pink, black, beige, white, gray, light blue used by LGLF, and darker red used by Gears. I highly recommend this foam.

Edit:
Drev beat me to it. I guess mine was a little tight because I didn't stretch it, but after firing it a few times it worked amazingly in my Rainbowpump.

Edited by BuffNerd, 04 July 2014 - 10:59 AM.

"God dammit Jax..."-Missile Defense Apoc 2014

Pittsburgh General Rules of Engagement:
1.) Fuck Running

#5 Thorn

Thorn

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

How similar is it to Kane's foam? How you gotten a chance to compare it? Is the fit consistent? I know when Kane bought his foam a lot of it was too large. I think either blue or pink would be nice. What kind of blue is it? Is it like elite foam or Inform3r's foam (navy blue or light/royal blue)?

#6 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

How similar is it to Kane's foam? How you gotten a chance to compare it? Is the fit consistent? I know when Kane bought his foam a lot of it was too large. I think either blue or pink would be nice. What kind of blue is it? Is it like elite foam or Inform3r's foam (navy blue or light/royal blue)?

I have personally not had the chance to compare it, but Modman712 on youtube said they are pretty similar. The fit is very consistent for me, but like I said, once you run it through you barrels a few times the fit becomes perfect. As for what color blue it is, I'm not sure. I got red last time and it was more pink, so I'm guessing it would be a lighter blue.
Edit: I found a picture of their blue foam and it looks like it is between navy blue and royal blue.

Edited by Drev, 04 July 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#7 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

Id be very interested in some. Id choose blue for the color, but purple would be cool too.
- Nerfgirl36
Yeah I'm a girl....get used to it.

#8 Thorn

Thorn

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

I have personally not had the chance to compare it, but Modman712 on youtube said they are pretty similar. The fit is very consistent for me, but like I said, once you run it through you barrels a few times the fit becomes perfect. As for what color blue it is, I'm not sure. I got red last time and it was more pink, so I'm guessing it would be a lighter blue.
Edit: I found a picture of their blue foam and it looks like it is between navy blue and royal blue.

Cool! I still have pink foam from Kane, but when I run out I would definitely be interested in some from you.

#9 iModify

iModify

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

This stuff IS from the same as Kane's, I've used both and they are both the same. I'd buy some blue foam....
Air guns go bang bang

-iModify

#10 Sam-underscore

Sam-underscore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

I'm somewhat interested in blue or purple. Put me down as a strong maybe
EDIT: I'll take 30 meters, maybe a bit more

Edited by Sam-underscore, 04 July 2014 - 08:11 PM.

You want Homemades? I make Homemades.
~le yootoob

#11 kbk652

kbk652

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Id love to get like 30 meters of purple.

#12 toxic

toxic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

I'm very interested in buying a sizable quantity of this once more is confirmed. Could you possibly post the image you found of the blue foam? I like the idea of the blue or purple just because of the novelty, but if it's so dark as to make it less identifiable in grass I'd rather have the red. If you have any of the last order of foam left and could upload a video of a fit test in various barrel sizes that would make me more willing to commit to an order.
[17:33] FreyrDarth: Wait, you guys don't drink acetone?
[17:33] *** Toxic (Mibbit@dm-851.socal.res.rr.com) has joined #nerfchat.

#13 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

I'm very interested in buying a sizable quantity of this once more is confirmed. Could you possibly post the image you found of the blue foam? I like the idea of the blue or purple just because of the novelty, but if it's so dark as to make it less identifiable in grass I'd rather have the red. If you have any of the last order of foam left and could upload a video of a fit test in various barrel sizes that would make me more willing to commit to an order.

Here's the picture of the blue and purple. It's a bad picture of their bigger foam, but it is still the same color.
Posted Image
I'll try to upload a video tomorrow of the barrel fit. I only have CPVC and PETG, but I will still do it.

#14 Naturalman7

Naturalman7

• Contributors
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

I would also be interested in some - blue. Regarding fit, it varies depending on what brand, batch, etc of material you get. Some materials are very consistent across the board, but some (like CPVC), vary a lot. I currently have three different batches/brands of CPVC and they each all have noticeably different fit.

...Always choose which barrels fit your foam best, instead of finding foam to fit a specific barrel material. From general knowledge, you'll want your foam to be tight in your barrels for springers, and loose for "air" blasters....

Edited by Naturalman7, 04 July 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#15 toxic

toxic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

Here's the picture of the blue and purple. It's a bad picture of their bigger foam, but it is still the same color.
Posted Image
I'll try to upload a video tomorrow of the barrel fit. I only have CPVC and PETG, but I will still do it.

Wonderful, thank you. The blue is very bright, I like it. Hopefully it has the same properties as the red.

I would also be interested in some - blue. Regarding fit, it varies depending on what brand, batch, etc of material you get. Some materials are very consistent across the board, but some (like CPVC), vary a lot. I currently have three different batches/brands of CPVC and they each all have noticeably different fit.

I have experienced the same thing regarding CPVC. I just wanted to see a fit test for general reference (i.e. if there is a brand/batch of CPVC that it can properly fit in, it most likely won't be too difficult for me to come across). Also, it seems like most people are sourcing their PETG from McMaster now, which has a fairly specific I.D. (it would be nice if Drev could state where the PETG in the video came from though, that would be helpful).

I'll also have to slightly disagree with Ryan#### in my personal case (sacrilegious, I know). It'd be terribly inconvenient for me to have to re-barrel all of my blasters that are either turreted or have couplers for CPVC only (space restraints of certain shells and whatnot), but since hopper clips are so prevalent now I'm sure his logic still stands for the vast majority of people.
Sorry, this is starting to get off topic.

TL;DR: I cast my vote for the blue foam.

#16 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

I'd take 20 meters of any color for now I guess. If you have extra after and it fits my barrels well I may buy some more.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#17 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

I would be VERY VERY interested, I am ok with any color, but I really like neon green

I would like 30 meters, depending on how much it cost

Edited by Droid31, 04 July 2014 - 10:10 PM.

#18 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

I'd be down for more foam. I'm not picky about the exact color, but I am most concerned about recovery. Dark colors won't be seen as well, nor variations of green. I'd say that 1m sections are likely to keep shipping lower than 2m sections. I'$ be down for at least 30m, depending upon price.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#19 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

I'm down for probably at least 20m of foam. I think a new color would be quite sweet.

Wonderful, thank you. The blue is very bright, I like it. Hopefully it has the same properties as the red.

I have experienced the same thing regarding CPVC. I just wanted to see a fit test for general reference (i.e. if there is a brand/batch of CPVC that it can properly fit in, it most likely won't be too difficult for me to come across). Also, it seems like most people are sourcing their PETG from McMaster now, which has a fairly specific I.D. (it would be nice if Drev could state where the PETG in the video came from though, that would be helpful).

I'll also have to slightly disagree with Ryan#### in my personal case (sacrilegious, I know). It'd be terribly inconvenient for me to have to re-barrel all of my blasters that are either turreted or have couplers for CPVC only (space restraints of certain shells and whatnot), but since hopper clips are so prevalent now I'm sure his logic still stands for the vast majority of people.
Sorry, this is starting to get off topic.

TL;DR: I cast my vote for the blue foam.

There are other 5/8" OD materials that have different inner diameters. I personally really like the butyrate tubing from McMaster. Slightly looser than CPVC. For airgun purposes, I like the aluminum tubing they have.

Edited by azrael, 05 July 2014 - 04:18 PM.

Better Nerf By Science!
http://nerfscience.blogspot.com/

#20 charlie156

charlie156

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

I'm down for probably at least 20m of foam. I think a new color would be quite sweet.

There are other 5/8" OD materials that have different inner diameters. I personally really like the butyrate tubing from McMaster. Slightly looser than CPVC. For airgun purposes, I like the aluminum tubing they have.

Actually, redline polycarb that used to be sold by FMF has a SLIGHTLY bigger id.

#21 toxic

toxic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

I was just looking into buying some of the butyrate tubing. I hadn't heard of the aluminum though, thank you.

Anyway, I'll confirm thirty meters as of now and possibly 60-100 meters once more is set in place.

#22 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

Anyway, I'll confirm thirty meters as of now and possibly 60-100 meters once more is set in place.

Thanks for confirming your order. What is set in place so far is that the foam will be blue in 1 meter segments. For ordering that much foam, I would give you a huge bonus because you would considerably help with ordering the foam sooner rather than later.

Thanks to everyone for confirming your orders so far. You will all help make this foam order happen.

#23 Sam-underscore

Sam-underscore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

Any guess on when said order will take place?
You want Homemades? I make Homemades.
~le yootoob

#24 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Any guess on when said order will take place?

Well, as soon as people commit to 600 meters. As soon as that happens, I am ordering. Of course I have to receive the payments first, but I don't want any payments until it adds up to 600 meters.

#25 toxic

toxic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for confirming your order. What is set in place so far is that the foam will be blue in 1 meter segments. For ordering that much foam, I would give you a huge bonus because you would considerably help with ordering the foam sooner rather than later.

Thanks to everyone for confirming your orders so far. You will all help make this foam order happen.

Awesome, thank you. I'm excited for this blue foam. Still, seeing a fit test of the last order would make me less reluctant to buy a larger quantity (not to rush you).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users