Hot Rod XL Foam

Manufactured in Canada

6 replies to this topic

#1 Pablo

Pablo

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

I was searching for foam but the shipping was crazy expensive since I live in Canada, then I found some PDF documents that mentioned Tundra Foam as the manufacturer. I went on the site then I realized that they are located in Ontario, Canada. I got really excited and I will contact them soon to see if they can sell foam in smaller quantities than 5000 feet (this was on their PDF catalog). I just wanted to share this for other Canadians so we don't have to pay so much for shipping. I will update this thread after I contact them, hopefully they can sell me some foam. If they only sell 5000 feet it will still be much cheaper than the price at Best Materials, I don't have any use for 5000 feet of foam so I would probably sell for the price I paid plus shipping. They also have the option to FBR with a custom profile and dimensions so we can have blanks with precise dimensions straight from the factory.
Thanks for reading, some of you probably already know this but I just wanted to share my discovery.

#2 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

Oh, wow. That is very interesting. I just e-mailed them asking about their pricing.
I've played "foam distributor" before and enjoyed it. With some of the recent inquiries for foam, I'm thinking it might be time for another order sooner than I thought. With the next batch I order I hope to not only sell foam - but also sell completed gumdrop 3.0 darts. Glory1610 has recently made a pretty big breakthrough and we're nearing the end of the development phase. Before I will place the next order though, I need finish my write up for the "auto blanker", as well as build another automated machine to drill holes quickly (I've got it conceptualized but not built). I also need to see if I can cut square straight off of the roll. Pre-stretching sucked, especially when I decided to run it through the dryer anyway.

Thanks for the heads up! If you're only looking for smaller quantities, maybe you and I can work out a group buy? One thing that makes me hesitate is the risk of getting stuck with a ton of foam without any buyers. I thought I might of dried up the Beige market with my last order.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#3 Pablo

Pablo

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Oh, wow. That is very interesting. I just e-mailed them asking about their pricing.
I've played "foam distributor" before and enjoyed it. With some of the recent inquiries for foam, I'm thinking it might be time for another order sooner than I thought. With the next batch I order I hope to not only sell foam - but also sell completed gumdrop 3.0 darts. Glory1610 has recently made a pretty big breakthrough and we're nearing the end of the development phase. Before I will place the next order though, I need finish my write up for the "auto blanker", as well as build another automated machine to drill holes quickly (I've got it conceptualized but not built). I also need to see if I can cut square straight off of the roll. Pre-stretching sucked, especially when I decided to run it through the dryer anyway.

Thanks for the heads up! If you're only looking for smaller quantities, maybe you and I can work out a group buy? One thing that makes me hesitate is the risk of getting stuck with a ton of foam without any buyers. I thought I might of dried up the Beige market with my last order.

I would also enjoy getting really cheap foam but I don't want 5000 feet, I was snooping around a bit more on their site and found this. It is a box with 6 rolls of 130 feet, it is probably not as cheap as buying a large roll but we'll see once they reply, if you are in the states they also have a warehouse in New York.

Also good job on the blank machine, saw the video you posted and it looks really cool!
This was my reaction when I saw how fast it was going
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Sorry, no memes.

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 01 July 2014 - 06:05 PM.

#4 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

I was searching for foam but the shipping was crazy expensive since I live in Canada, then I found some PDF documents that mentioned Tundra Foam as the manufacturer. I went on the site then I realized that they are located in Ontario, Canada. I got really excited and I will contact them soon to see if they can sell foam in smaller quantities than 5000 feet (this was on their PDF catalog). I just wanted to share this for other Canadians so we don't have to pay so much for shipping. I will update this thread after I contact them, hopefully they can sell me some foam. If they only sell 5000 feet it will still be much cheaper than the price at Best Materials, I don't have any use for 5000 feet of foam so I would probably sell for the price I paid plus shipping. They also have the option to FBR with a custom profile and dimensions so we can have blanks with precise dimensions straight from the factory.
Thanks for reading, some of you probably already know this but I just wanted to share my discovery.

if they will do custom foam can they do custom colors?

#5 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

I've found 2 100' bags of pre-cut 1.38", straightened beige Hot rod XL blanks from orders that had fallen through if you're interested. I'm selling them on a first post - first serve basis. I'm also waiting on payment for a third larger order of 2" cut blanks. Once they're all sold, I should be ready to buy another 2500' order of foam.

Pre-cut hot rod blanks
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#6 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

I contacted them prior to finding Johnny Chan. The indicated a minimum order of $5000 (I was inquiring about a custom color order, so this may or may not apply to you), and did not reply when I inquired how much foam $5000 will buy. This was a few years ago, so things may have changed a great deal since then.

I definitely would have benefit from buying more locally for shipping and quality control reasons, so if they've changed their tune Tundra could be very helpful.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#7 Thorn

Thorn

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

I contacted them prior to finding Johnny Chan. The indicated a minimum order of $5000 (I was inquiring about a custom color order, so this may or may not apply to you), and did not reply when I inquired how much foam $5000 will buy. This was a few years ago, so things may have changed a great deal since then.

I definitely would have benefit from buying more locally for shipping and quality control reasons, so if they've changed their tune Tundra could be very helpful.

Who is Johnny Chan? Is he the person you purchased the pink foam from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users