Photo

What to buy from McMaster-Carr

In the US for a month, what should I stock up on?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Pablo

Pablo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • State:Quebec

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

On Tuesday I will be heading down to Florida for about a month, this is a great opportunity to make some purchases from McMaster-Carr since they don't ship to Canada. I will be getting some [k26]'s but I am not sure what else to buy. What do you guys recommend for a reinforced catch spring? Please post anything that you think is useful from the site, I will not have enough space in the bags to buy piping or polycarb. I will not be making homemades (not yet) or terribly complex mods, the most complex my mods get is an angel breach Longshot or a Nightfinder rifle. Basically if you could not purchase from the site for a year, what would you stock up on?

Thanks

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm not too familiar with the site yet.

#2 rego

rego

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • State:Florida

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

Machine screws and sealing devices. Although with the recent move for check valve o-ring plunger heads you may want to not stock up on skirt seals. If you really want to, you can get a stick of 1/2" nylon rod for future use. Marvelous for plunger rods. You would have to cut it up into manageable lengths though for when you leave.
Airguns are better.

#3 Spiderbite

Spiderbite

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

It really depends on what you are doing with the supplies. For homemades, like rego stated, a "1/2" nylon rod" would be on your list, as well as 1/8" and 1/4" Polycarbonate. As for sealing devices, 63595K31 has a perfect seal in 1 1/4" PVC pipe. However, since you cannot fit pipes or polycarb, you might not be doing too much in depth in the "Homemades" department. Also, definitely remember to pickup some 1/2" wyes.

Or hell, Spiderbite has sweet deals on this stuff now, so there's really no reason not to Rainbow.

[k26] springs!

#4 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

If you plan on using slugs id get some felt tips and washers. Also wyes for hoppers.
- Nerfgirl36
Yeah I'm a girl....get used to it.

#5 charlie156

charlie156

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

Depending in where canada, or it doesn't really matter, PETG as well at 3/8 nylon rod.

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,074 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Mcmaster-carr Parts List For mods and homemades

...for reference

#7 Pablo

Pablo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • State:Quebec

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

Thanks so much for all the replies, this was really helpful. There are many things that I completely forgot about but was reminded to buy. And the parts list thread is also extremely useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users