Looking for a good wooden handle blueprint

homemade parts templates

5 replies to this topic

#1 LordGiratia

LordGiratia

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

I am looking for a comfortable wooden handle blueprint to give to my friend so he can make my wooden handles.

Edited by Aeromech, 23 November 2015 - 02:56 AM.

Warning, my posts aren't finished when I post them, wait 15 minutes and the post will be perfect.

#2 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

Well, if you're going to make your own handles for your own hands, then it's pretty easy to customize what you want. Personally, I love a good S shape on the palm-side or "backstrap", so that I've got a good thumb-relief and a nice palm-swell. You don't see enough of these these days, people always throw on those ugly stick things half-assedly. The finger area is always challenging, there are a lot of things you can do there, but a simple line works pretty well. I'd do this in 3/4" or 1" wood, that will give you some good hand-filling volume. Then, round over the edges with a router, sand the living fuck out of it, then put either a paint or some stain and sealer on there. Done right, sealer makes for a very unique and striking blaster.

#3 Asamere

Asamere

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

A simple trick would be to get some balsa wood. This way you have an easy wood to personalize to your hand. Simply take a block that feels comfortable and slowly round it into the desired shape. Then you have something to go off of.
Steel or foam, it makes no differance. We settle this like nerds...

#4 Naturalman7

Naturalman7

• Contributors
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

I don't think this is old enough to be considered a necro.

This basic design I threw together in a few minutes and should suffice as a start, but nothing that can't be improvised on one's own. Rough measurements made on a Rampage. The real problem is how to sand it. I'll keep working on it and try to make it more precise and rounded.

RaiderHandle.idw
RaiderHandle.ipt
RaiderHandle.jpg
RaiderHandle.pdf
RaiderPrimingHandle.ipt
Posted ImageRaider Handle by Naturalman_7, on Flickr

#5 LordGiratia

LordGiratia

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

This basic design I threw together in a few minutes and should suffice as a start, but nothing that can't be improvised on one's own. Rough measurements made on a Rampage. The real problem is how to sand it. I'll keep working on it and try to make it more precise and rounded.

RaiderHandle.idw
RaiderHandle.ipt
RaiderHandle.jpg
RaiderHandle.pdf
RaiderPrimingHandle.ipt
Posted ImageRaider Handle by Naturalman_7, on Flickr

Looks great, just what I was looking for.
Warning, my posts aren't finished when I post them, wait 15 minutes and the post will be perfect.

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

Just to clarify:

It is a necro...
...but necros are okay if you add new content (which you did)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: homemade, parts, templates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users