37 replies to this topic

#1 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

MAYHEM 3.0
Illinois Nerf War!

Mayhem 3.5 is likely to be my LAST Mayhem that I host. I'm moving, so I plan to sell or give away all but a few of my nerf stuff. This includes a scepter, 2-11, pumpsnap, UMBs, aabows, HAMPs, Longshots, Orange Mod Works Massacre Blasters, At3ks, nite finders, rainbow pumps, and TONS of stock or lightly modified blasters as well as nerf supplies like springs, ball valves, wyes, etc. These will go VERY cheap, and everything not sold will be thrown away or given to GoodWill.

WHERE?
Forrest Park in Bloomington, IL
Pics here

WHEN?
Saturday, July 26th
11:00am - 4:00pm (Or whenever we want to stop)

WHAT TO BRING
-At least one primary and secondary. There will be a few secondary rounds (see below)
-Loaner Blasters (optional but recommended)
-Melee Weapons (subject to approval. Should be well padded)
-Darts. Stock darts, #6 slug darts, Daconis Missiles, and approved ammo ONLY. Ask me if you want. NO GLUE DOMES
-If you have those Magnetic Nail Sweeps, it would help with darts.
-Eye Protection. MANDATORY
-Mobstacles. There enough cover with the trees and playground alone, but mobstacles never hurt!
-Supplies for Games (balls, buckets, flagging tape, flags, etc)
-Stuff to Trade!
-Lunch and water, or money to drive to Dairy Queen or Mcdonald's (Less than a 5 minute drive. See Map)
-A Parent (if under 13 years old)
-FRIENDS! Even if you don't have a nerf gun for them, post here and someone can probably loan something out for the day
-Donations! This is completely optional, but beneficial to you if you plan on attending these wars often. I want to start a "community dart stash" of safe darts, so in future wars we can provide darts for everyone. Also for mobstacles and game supplies. Everything comes out of my own pocket, and the more donations I get will make for better wars in the future.

-NO GLUE DOMES OR UNAPPROVED DARTS
-NO OVERPOWERED GUNS. This is subject to my approval. Singled Titans are an obvious No-No.
-NO REALISTIC LOOKING GUNS
-NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES
-NO SHOOTING NON-NERFERS
-NO SHOOTING PEOPLE WITHOUT EYE PROTECTION

DEFINITES
Me + at least 4
Cheerios
AcePilotZero
Ryan and Kane
thatguyoverthere + 1

MAYBES
Joe
Zorn
Nerfing Flamingo
Evilalec??

Edited by Bchamp22795, 22 July 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#2 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

The last Mayhem was definitely an A+ war that was completely worth the drive, and I hope this one will be just as good. Count me in.
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#3 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

I'm a strong possibility\, but it's a long time away.

In other news, we may have a new location much closer to where Kane and I live, which means a lot more regular wars. Hopefully I'm going to go see it today, but expect Cataclysm to happen before/after your war, with more possible wars before that.

#4 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

In other news, we may have a new location much closer to where Kane and I live, which means a lot more regular wars. Hopefully I'm going to go see it today, but expect Cataclysm to happen before/after your war, with more possible wars before that.

Is the new location closer to my house, or will it add extra driving time? I have avoided Mayhem as it adds close to two hours of extra driving time so far.

Edited by orangeparkour, 05 June 2014 - 04:22 PM.

I hung out with Ice Nine once, and he thought I was pretty cool.
How to make Silicone Domes

#5 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

Is the new location closer to my house, or will it add extra driving time? I have avoided Mayhem as it adds close to two hours of extra driving time so far.

It'll be in the Chicago area, about two hours north of my war site.

And Ryan, awesome! Hope to see some wars soon, and I hope you can make it to Mayhem! There is a chance I'll be able to show you the indoor war site, if the guy who owns the property can make it on this date.

Edited by Bchamp22795, 05 June 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#6 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Im a maybe!
- Nerfgirl36
Yeah I'm a girl....get used to it.

#7 Majestic

Majestic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

I had a blast at the last one. You can count me in!

#8 Joe Espinoza

Joe Espinoza

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

Once again, count me in. As long as I don't work, as my schedule depends on how backed up we are at work
The Road Underfoot Is Certian To Become The Road Behind.

#9 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

Im a maybe!

I hope you can make it over to this one! I know you've been wanting to for awhile!

I had a blast at the last one. You can count me in!

Awesome! Good to hear! Do you think you'll bring anyone else along like last time?

Once again, count me in. As long as I don't work, as my schedule depends on how backed up we are at work

Try and ask for it off, if you can. Hopefully it works out for you! Bring a friend or two if you can!

#10 Majestic

Majestic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, I'll bring some folk with me. And perhaps they wont be nap takers this time.

#11 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:50 PM

Going to do my best to make it out to this one
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#12 Thatguyoverthere

Thatguyoverthere

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

It was loads of fun last time and a great experience, count me as a strong maybe. Things are looking all clear right now. Looking forward to it, and hopefully I can stay the entire time this time.

#13 evilalec555

evilalec555

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

Yes I shall come and I plan on buying an AABOW if anyone has 1. My friend might come as we'll so count me as +2-2-1+3
Count me as maybe it 2:30 away from where I live so that sucks

Edited by evilalec555, 22 June 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#14 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

We do have them for sale for $65 w/ complete hopper, or $50 bare stock.

Let me know if you're interested, but we'll bring some regardless.

#15 AcepilotZero

AcepilotZero

Scoggins

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

Count me in. It's been a while since I last went to war.
Lord of the flywheels.

#16 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Count me in. It's been a while since I last went to war.

Wonderful!

Also, let this serve as a bump to remind those who are maybe's to start checking looking at their calendars now that the war is four weeks out.

#17 evilalec555

evilalec555

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

trolololol

Edited by evilalec555, 30 June 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#18 He Who Mods

He Who Mods

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

Wow, all these years of wanting to go and of course, I am busy. Sorry to see this war go to an end, wish I could have made at least one of them.

#19 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Wow, all these years of wanting to go and of course, I am busy. Sorry to see this war go to an end, wish I could have made at least one of them.

Sorry to hear it! I'm hoping someone will pick up the torch and host IL wars more often! Ryan mentioned they may have found a site for wars in the Chicago area, so look out for those!

#20 TheNerfingFlamingo

TheNerfingFlamingo

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:55 PM

Gonna try to make it. Anyone in Indiana going
I killed a man with my titan.

#21 Majestic

Majestic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Warriors, I have bad news. My bachelor party has been planned for the same weekend as Mayhem. Have a blast without me.

#22 AcepilotZero

AcepilotZero

Scoggins

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

Is DTC still a thing? I recently made a decent double-sided core on a whim, but I have not had an opportunity to use it.
Lord of the flywheels.

#23 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

Sorry to hear it! I'm hoping someone will pick up the torch and host IL wars more often! Ryan mentioned they may have found a site for wars in the Chicago area, so look out for those!

Probably not this year. Definitely next season though.

Is DTC still a thing? I recently made a decent double-sided core on a whim, but I have not had an opportunity to use it.

Totally. Wouldn't hurt to bring it. Bchamp's cores worked well enough last time but they could be a little larger, and a double-sided core sounds fun.

#24 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

Just got confirmation that my friend with a pretty large garage is coming. In the event of rain or poor conditions, meet at the park and we will caravan to the rain location. I will also post the address here if it comes to that. I've held many nerf wars there in the past, and it will be pretty comfortable to use your primaries in.

#25 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

Unfortunatley im not going to make it. My dad races and it is a 2 day race. World of outlaws. After the war, if anyone is staying in the area you should drive the extra 45 minutes and enjoy some great racing.
Have a good war guys!
Pm me if you are going to the races friday or saturday and il grt you into our pit.
- Nerfgirl36
Yeah I'm a girl....get used to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users