Photo

raider not catching

10 replies to this topic

#1 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:47 PM

i have a raider that has the ARs removed and a half brass breech. i was using a 5kg sping for a while, but then it stoped catching. i took it back apart and the catch and plunger tooth thing dont seem to be warn. i then replaced the stock catch spring with a omw catch spring. it caught for like 5 shots and then it started not catching again. so i put the stock spring back in and same thing 5 shots then it quit catching. any ideas, possible building up the catch with JB or epoxy putty?

#2 Nerf Gra

Nerf Gra

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

Did you pad the plunger tube? Sometimes if there is too much of a pad the plunger can't push the tube back far enough to catch
QUOTE(VelveetaAvenger @ Dec 6 2010, 12:14 AM) View Post

Maybe there's no Mcmaster, but you could make the first coconut airtank.

#3 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

Did you pad the plunger tube? Sometimes if there is too much of a pad the plunger can't push the tube back far enough to catch

yes i did, i didnt think of that ill take it out and let you know

#4 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

ok so i removed the pading i had in the plunger tube and still the same problem

#5 Nerf Gra

Nerf Gra

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

I had similar problems years ago its been so long that I can't remember what I did to get it to work. Sorry the PT pad was my ace in the hole.
QUOTE(VelveetaAvenger @ Dec 6 2010, 12:14 AM) View Post

Maybe there's no Mcmaster, but you could make the first coconut airtank.

#6 Zack Dorris

Zack Dorris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

One thing I did was to get a picture of the stock internals online and compare every little thing to the stock for besides your upgrades. One thing that is important is to focus on the small parts of the blaster and make sure they are all lined up perfectly. Hope that helps .

#7 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

One thing I did was to get a picture of the stock internals online and compare every little thing to the stock for besides your upgrades. One thing that is important is to focus on the small parts of the blaster and make sure they are all lined up perfectly. Hope that helps .

ok ill try that, ive done several raiders and never had any problems like this

#8 Zack Dorris

Zack Dorris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

ok ill try that, ive done several raiders and never had any problems like this

Maybe you got a dud? I don't know about how often they occur but I know they can happen.

#9 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

ok so i removed every thing and reasembiled acording to internals picture, now it catches but it is very hard to get it to catch. like its a smooth prime back but it dosent catch unless i pull fairly hard on the priming handle then it clicks like a notch on a +bow and then it catches

#10 Zack Dorris

Zack Dorris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

ok so i removed every thing and reasembiled acording to internals picture, now it catches but it is very hard to get it to catch. like its a smooth prime back but it dosent catch unless i pull fairly hard on the priming handle then it clicks like a notch on a +bow and then it catches

Did you upgrade the spring? If you did the spring might be too powerful or too long and putting too much stress on the catch making the prime rough.

#11 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

Post a picture of what you have going on. Then maybe someone can actually tell what's going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users