Dart Tag Strikefire Write Up

My projects for today.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Zack Dorris

Zack Dorris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

Okay so I always loved the tac rail connector on the Strikefire and wanted to use it for a last resort on my bottom tac rail on my Retaliator, but I hated how it fired about 15'. I decided to try to make that at least 25' and I would be happy. My ranges after doing this were 24' 24' 25' 26' 26' with the new Suction Darts and 22' 22' 25' 27' 30' with regular Elite Darts. I was pretty happy. Let's begin!
MATERIALS
Hot glue gun
Strikefire
Screwdriver that you use to open Nerf Blasters
Pliers
Solid surface to work on
2 pennies
Posted Image
When you open up your blaster and this is what you should find.
Posted Image
Take your front barrel/ plunger and cut it like this with you dremel or other method of shredding plastic at the seam.
Posted Image
Take out the AR and hot-glue it back together like so.
Posted Image
Pretty good for not using a hot glue gun for over a year.
Next take 2 pennies and only 2. the blaster wont catch correctly if you use more than 2. Put them behind the spring.
Posted Image
Finally put your blaster back together. Looks stock on the outside.
Posted Image
Good Job. This was my first write up and I would appreciate comments and constructive criticism. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Zack Dorris, 31 May 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#2 Nerf Gra

Nerf Gra

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

Good write up for a first post.

Standard basic upgrades.

The Strikefire is actually one of my favorite stock pistols for wars cause it could fire any dart you picked up off the floor.

Idk if you are looking for ideas or sugesttions but a bit of Teflon tape under the o-ring and some lube would probably help you get a bit further. Also if you have access to other springs a replacement would be helpful.
QUOTE(VelveetaAvenger @ Dec 6 2010, 12:14 AM) View Post

Maybe there's no Mcmaster, but you could make the first coconut airtank.

#3 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Personally, I go for drilling out ARs instead of making messy cuts and then using a not-glue to try to keep the two halves together in the end. But, that's just me.

#4 Zack Dorris

Zack Dorris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Good write up for a first post.

Standard basic upgrades.

The Strikefire is actually one of my favorite stock pistols for wars cause it could fire any dart you picked up off the floor.

Idk if you are looking for ideas or sugesttions but a bit of Teflon tape under the o-ring and some lube would probably help you get a bit further. Also if you have access to other springs a replacement would be helpful.

I tried an upgrade spring, but I decided to go with the pennies because the blaster started to creak a little with the spring I chose and I didn't have another that would fit it. Like I said I am just using it for an ace in the hole style blaster. Also I am out of lube because I used the rest of my tube on my nitefinder and need to order more from OMW and my local stores don't have the right stuff. Thanks for the comments!

Edited by Zack Dorris, 31 May 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#5 Zack Dorris

Zack Dorris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

Personally, I go for drilling out ARs instead of making messy cuts and then using a not-glue to try to keep the two halves together in the end. But, that's just me.

I have tried drilling out ARs before and I just drilled a hole in the plunger and I find it easier for me to just cut and glue but thanks for the suggestion. I actually used a different head for my Dremel instead of the wheel blade. I thought I would see what it could do. Thanks though. I might try drilling my next one if I find my orange one. It is currently MIA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users