I made a customizable time bomb app for objective-based game types

8 replies to this topic

#1 Caffeen

Caffeen

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

Hi everyone! I just wanted to show off the new Android app I just released on Google Play. It got a really good response on Reddit, and someone suggested I share it here.

Here are some screen shots

You can set the countdown to anything from 1 second to 24 hours, set a disarm code and choose how many incorrect entries are allowed, or unscrew the front panel to cut the wires. (Which can each be set to any functionality you want, from disarm to detonate, or to slow down or speed up the countdown.)

It also generates a unique serial number at the beginning that is shown again at the end to prevent sneaky cheaters from restarting the app or whatever.

Anyway, it's completely free on the Google Play store and you can download it here.

I'd really love your comments and suggestions! Thanks!

#2 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

this could become a very cool mission

#3 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • State:Utah

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

Wow. There is a lot of potential for game types there! You could do everything from a mobile nerfy suicide bomber to blow up an opposing teams base, to a CTF'esque game type where you're either trying to arm the opposing teams bomb, or disarm your own.

What game types have you come up with so far?
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#4 Caffeen

Caffeen

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

What game types have you come up with so far?

It depends on the scale/number of players in the game, but I would love to see a larger scale game where the bomb is at a static location, and then information about each of the wires (Or part of the disarm code) in 3 different locations guarded by the enemy team. So the more pieces of info they recover, the more likely they are to be able to successfully succeed at a last second disarm attempt, etc.

If you set the screws to require a lot of time to remove, you could also have it set up in an exposed central location and treat it as a sort of king of the hill type game, because it just takes a lot of time spent working on it to disarm it. So one team is trying to protect the person who is slowly unscrewing the panel.

These are just a few of the ideas I've had. Obviously you could do even more complex scenarios if you had multiple bombs, etc.

#5 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

I downloaded it. Worth a shot for free

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,075 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

Looks neat.

Take a look at the List of Game Types for some more ideas about what to include. The main post of that thread is restricted to gametypes that DON'T require an app like this, but some of the posts in the thread detail gametypes which would benefit greatly from an electronic aid like this.

#7 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

you could get a coulpe of 50-60$ android tablets and have them as bombs

#8 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • State:Michigan

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

I love you.
Jokes aside,very good work. And cool tooo.
Please visit my youtube:
https://www.youtube....d61VYhVvhEfeqGA

#9 Borgador

Borgador

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

Cool app. I see some good uses for this in modern\sci-fi RPGs too.
$1.99 to remove ads seems a bit high to me though. $0.99 would be more reasonable to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users