#1 Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:37 PM

The THUG (That Horribly Ugly Gun):
Posted Image
Posted Image

It's got a permanently mounted bike pump, feeding into a length of bicycle inner tube, which I hot-glued (and hose-clamped) over a hole in the pressure tank. The tank is 3/4 in. PVC, and is 19 inches long. With a 24 inch barrel, it'll shoot 65-70 feet level, and 75-80 feet arched. Also, with my 30 inch blowpipe barrel, it'll shoot 80-90 feet flat, and 120-130 feet arched.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The THUG is designed for loser-type use, having a fairly low ROF and (for me, anyway) very long range. It can be muzzle-loaded, or the barrel can be removed for a breech load.

Posted Image

As the THUG is very loud when fired, I made this muffler with Zero's instructions. It cuts the firing noise in half or so, and doesn't interfere with the firing of the gun. It's 3/4 in. PVC, is filled with kleenex, and is covered with a cardboard paper towel tube. The muffling length is about a foot.

I did the math, and the THUG cost me about $20 American to build.
Do not mess with CXWQ, for he has Admin powers and will bann your flaming little a**.

Techno-Dann of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team

#2 SnIpErX125

SnIpErX125

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:54 PM

Looks pretty cool.
CAUTION: These plastic BBS sting like a mother when you get hit by them, so don't go shooting at the cat with it.

www.geocities.com/darkmessenger125/NerfRetreat.html

#3 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:04 AM

Obviously, you could substitute an electric sprinkler valve for the ball valve but it would just about double the price of the homemade. The benefit being that you wouldn't need such a friggin huge barrel since the air delivery is loads faster.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#4 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:59 AM

Excellent work, and good to hear that Zero's silencer works. And just one thing, you're not invisible. ^_^

I think i smell a respray coming on. ;)
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#5 Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:48 PM

SnIpErX125: Thanks! It's not the world's best looking gun, but it works.

Jangadance: You're completeley correct. Unfortunatley, at the moment I don't have the time or the money to get a solenoid valve, and I've already glued the gun together. Also, I kind of like the really long feel of the gun with the big barrel attached.

taita_cakes: Again, thanks. And, of course I'm not invisible in the pictures. They were taken inside. If I'd been outside, it would have been completeley different. ^_^
I jest, of course. That just happened to be the T-shirt I was wearing that day.
Do not mess with CXWQ, for he has Admin powers and will bann your flaming little a**.

Techno-Dann of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users