7 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Nerf

Saint Nerf

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • State:UNITED KINGDOM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

Hello,

Im new to the forum (my account was made a while ago but I never got around to using it). So please do excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong area... I have done a quick search on the forum and google and I cant find any solid answers.

So I was wondering what paint I would use to paint my yellow longshot in the Elite blue colour?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Liam

#2 Saint Nerf

Saint Nerf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Anyone?

#3 RedFear

RedFear

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

i would suggest a grey undercoat/primer with regular krylon's blue (or any brand's blue for that matter). the color may be a few shades off of the stock elite color, though there's not much you can do besides trying to mix your own color to match or getting a professional to mix paints for you.

#4 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

if you have very light base coat such as white the krylon blue might be close but it is defenantly a few shades off, maby you should go to homedepot or a paint store and see if they can match it to a color code or something

#5 Saint Nerf

Saint Nerf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for helping! I'm not sure I would be able to get krylon over here in the UK... I will have a quick google however.

There seems to be loads of variations matt/glossy ect what should I not use...?

Thanks again,
Liam

Edited by Saint Nerf, 01 May 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#6 Jayhawker

Jayhawker

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • State:Missouri

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

I would suggest a "satin" if that isn't available them matte will often match fairly well. Just avoid glossy as it often ends up looking tacky. I prefer to pick my color regardless of finish then spray a matte clear over everything

#7 Ezio Nerf

Ezio Nerf

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

A YouTuber named Bazookafied make an Elite Longshot, a modded Longshot with Elite Paint scheme. Check out the video and he may say what he used.

#8 Just582

Just582

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • State:Nevada

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

For one your project will be far easier if you start with a blue longshot. The 1st gen blue longshot color almost perfectly matchs the elite blue. The 2nd gen blue longshot color is slightly off but still pretty close to elite blue. If you don't want to go spend a little and get a blue longshot, make sure you use krylon fusion for plastics. Not sure what shade you will want but that paint is very high quality and I highly recommend it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users