The Nite Finder With Less Crap On It!

lemme know what y'all think, yo!

42 replies to this topic

#1 necrotech inc

necrotech inc

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:41 PM

this is my take on a nite finder. i have no use for an ammo holder, a flashlight, nor a nerf badge. i think it looks much better cleaned up.

Posted Image

aint it purty?! as we learned from the lock n load and crossbow, simplicity makes for a great gun....well, either that or full auto arse-kickin.

#2 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:51 PM

Yeah! That's what I'm talkin about! No electrical tape. No rubber bands. No big gobs of hot glue. No stupid extra pvc and tape barrel sticking out. Clean and simple design.
"If I want something pretty, Ill paint a picuture. Courtesy of Shortshit" -THIRST

#3 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:56 PM

Very clean. Very smooth. Very nice.

Ever considered taking it apart and spraying all the externally poking out 'internals', and giving the entire thing i nice new paint job?
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:58 PM

Is it just me, or does that NF look altered in Photoshop???

The front of the gun doesnt look like that, it seems obviously stretched out for some reason. Plus that black swirl where the NERF symbol was is very suspicious.
Im hopeing this was meant to be a photomanip, just would be nice to have it mentioned in the original post.

EDIT: also the slit on the side seems blurry towrds the back where the symbol should be. And the lighting doesnt match up...

Edited by NinjZ, 06 July 2004 - 12:01 AM.

#5 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:02 AM

Is it just me, or does that NF look altered in Photoshop???

The front of the gun doesnt look like that, it seems obviously stretched out for some reason. Plus that black swirl where the NERF symbol was is very suspicious.
Im hopeing this was meant to be a photomanip, just would be nice to have it mentioned in the original post.

EDIT: also the slit on the side seems blurry towrds the back where the symbol should be. And the lighting doesnt match up...

That's from sanding. Don't you sand? Gunk smears when you sand.
"If I want something pretty, Ill paint a picuture. Courtesy of Shortshit" -THIRST

#6 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:03 AM

yeah, it does look photo shopped. Not even photo shopped well.
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#7 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:03 AM

Still though, the other things dont add up. Take a few more pics with different angles for us.

Edited by NinjZ, 06 July 2004 - 12:07 AM.

#8 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:07 AM

yeah, it does look photo shopped. Not even photo shopped well.

Are you sure it's not photoshopped well? I bet you couldn't do that well with Photoshop and a gun.

#9 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:09 AM

If its meant to be a manip I have no problem with it. It is a decent manip. Just a few things that caught my eye ( Im a photography major ).

#10 necrotech inc

necrotech inc

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:09 AM

yes mr. ninjz..az..z, it's a photoshop. before i spend many hours of my time messing with it i thought i'd see how it looked and get some feedback. wow, am i evil!

now, if i'd entered it in the contest, that would have been bad. however, i didn't, did i? i simply asked for input on the design. it'll take me a bit to make the actual gun.

i actually like the color scheme the way it is, just without the silver.

btw, i'm self taught in photoshop, and i haven't had much practice. i thought it was a halfway decent jorb, Mr. ninjazazaz

#11 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:11 AM

Hey man, Im not trying to put you down, flame, or anything like that. I just felt kinda missled. It is a very nice manip dude.

#12 necrotech inc

necrotech inc

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:11 AM

awwwww, mean ol mr. haze doesn't like my work!

#13 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:13 AM

If its meant to be a manip I have no problem with it. It is a decent manip. Just a few things that caught my eye ( Im a photography major ).

Photography is fun! I love Photoshop and Illustrator! NinjZ! Your turn! Show us what you can do with a gun and photoshop!

Actually... now that I think about it *checks first post* Nope. It never said it was a real gun :nugget: Concept art is much better than hacking and guessing.

#14 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:14 AM

For the record my name is pronounced "Nin-jizz".

"btw, i'm self taught in photoshop, and i haven't had much practice. i thought it was a halfway decent jorb, Mr. ninjazazaz "

I didnt say anything about your manip job. In both forums my words always get scewed or mixed up with other peoples posts...

Only thing I suggest for the model, is to mabey add some kind of filler to the bottom where the light used to be. Seems kinda awkward to me, but thats my opinion, good work.

Katachi, Im not a digital photographer so Im not that great with photoshop. I can a little though, check out my deviantart page in my sig. Film will always be superior to digital cameras.

Edited by NinjZ, 06 July 2004 - 12:18 AM.

#15 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:20 AM

For the record my name is pronounced "Nin-jizz".

Only thing I suggest for the model, is to mabey add some kind of filler to the bottom where the light used to be. Seems kinda awkward to me, but thats my opinion, good work.

Katachi, Im not a digital photographer so Im not that great with photoshop. I can a little though, check out my deviantart page in my sig. Film will always be superior to digital cameras.

Are you sure you want Jizz in your name? That sounds kinda.... messy :P

Fill the bottom how? The point was to take stuff off that wasn't needed. Awkward how? Like off balance? Lacking the fish detailing of that one fish shaped gun with the spines?

#16 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:20 AM

Very good all the same. You could have mentioned to us that it was a blue-print or design only. :P

#17 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:24 AM

Well their isnt Jizz in my name, just an exmaple of how its pronounced. NinjZ was a robot ninja from an old cartoon.

It looks awkward because its kinda skinnie I guess you could say. Like it seems like he was going for a LnL-esque look. The LnL has a bit wider front half, makeing it look fuller. Get what im saying? It still looks nice though.

Edited by NinjZ, 06 July 2004 - 12:26 AM.

#18 necrotech inc

necrotech inc

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:28 AM

yup yup. well, i may try adding some filler in there as ninjz suggested.

maybe i'll see if i can make some angle shots, to!

the idea that went with this one, another brainstorm from katachi (you should listen to him, he's got some good shit) was a remote for other stuff in the battery compartment. you get a sleek gun and an unfair advantage! OMFG!!!!!!!!

i think i jizzed mah paynts.ssshhhhheeeeiiiiittttt!

#19 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:28 AM

Well their isnt Jizz in my name, just an exmaple of how its pronounced. NinjZ was a robot ninja from an old cartoon.

It looks awkward because its kinda skinny I guess you could say. Like it seems like he was going for a LnL-esque look. The LnL has a bit wider front half, makeing it look fuller. Get what im saying? It still looks nice though.

The LNL had a more square look too it, like a semi auto handgun. Are you saying "square it up"? A nerf blaster stripped to the bare essentials would look like this, rounded and smoothed out like the pic. Does it look skinny because it's missing ultra super exciting barrel attachents and functions?

#20 necrotech inc

necrotech inc

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:31 AM

huh. well, i could see adding a mount for a modular attachment system. flashlight, laser site, second gun, ammo holder...just for a few ideas.

#21 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:34 AM

Not to square it, just elongate what he has already. I understand your ideas are to keep it cleaned and have a stripped down look, Its just haveing it that skinny makes it seem awkward to me. Even just a 1cm elongation would make it seem more appealing to me.

Edited by NinjZ, 06 July 2004 - 12:36 AM.

#22 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:36 AM

huh. well, i could see adding a mount for a modular attachment system. flashlight, laser site, second gun, ammo holder...just for a few ideas.

Yeah like a laser sight or flashlight or dart holder? LIKE THE ONES YOU CUT OFF???

:P

#23 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:40 AM

Can any of you get your hands on plastic melts and moulds?

It would be great, like my shotgun concept, if you could square it off and have it looking uber sexy.

And guys, i don't mean avoid the issue of going back to basics, but i'm not adding useless bulky items like ammo holders, im just trying to make it look sleek.

N.B. I saw the link of the picture. Something tells me you havn't built it yet ... :P

http://webpages.charter.net/katachi/hotlink/thing i need to make.jpg

#24 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:44 AM

Can any of you get your hands on plastic melts and moulds?

It would be great, like my shotgun concept, if you could square it off and have it looking uber sexy.

And guys, i don't mean avoid the issue of going back to basics, but i'm not adding useless bulky items like ammo holders, im just trying to make it look sleek.

N.B. I saw the link of the picture. Something tells me you havn't built it yet ... :P

http://webpages.charter.net/katachi/hotlink/thing i need to make.jpg

Plastic and molds for what? Like making shells for guns? Like making molds for making shells for guns? Do we know anyone who does that? Do people read my sig?

#25 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:47 AM

I wasn't sure i needed a Katana any time soon, so i closed your site a while ago.

Well, i can mould shit [plastic and all the extra's] to my gun through some textiles people at my dad's school. Don't you just love having a parent as a teacher?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users