Where can I find a write-up for this?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Spiderbite

Spiderbite

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

So I'll just keep it short and sweet; I want to make a +bow and would like to make one similar to the model crafted by Thenerfomania, a youtuber.
Here's his beautiful +bow.

Posted Image

So if anyone knows how I could go about building replicating this masterwork for myself, please tell me. Also, any other tips for machining the +bow will be greatly accepted.

Thanks,

Spiderbite

Or hell, Spiderbite has sweet deals on this stuff now, so there's really no reason not to Rainbow.

[k26] springs!

#2 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • State:California

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

stuff

For the +Bow itself, check the homemades directory.

For wood, just cut, route the edges, and apply urethane sealant + stain. In the opposite order, of course.

#3 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

There isn't a write-up on how to build this particular variant of the +bow, but you could build it by just looking at the pictures Nerfomania took of it (found here; you'll have to go through the pages of his images to find them, but there are tons of images that detail his build process, so it should help you quite a bit) and applying what he did to the original +bow design.

#4 Just582

Just582

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • State:Nevada

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

All you are really doing is giving the plusbow one piece sideplates and a fancy stock. Cut the catch area width down 1/8 on each side and make sure to get 1/8 inch shorter standoffs for the handle too. For making the sideplates just overlap the templates.

For the stock, just trace whatever shape you want, it's really straightforward and there is no template availible as far as I know.

Also, I hope you have made a plusbow before so you know how everything goes together and it will help you understand exactly what changes need to be made to replicate this one.
Why are there so many Retards in this world?
Why can't we just enable the fifty percent plan?
Heck, why not the ninety percent plan?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users