Photo

Ebay darts

6 replies to this topic

#1 jfrazz21

jfrazz21

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hey guys, I am in need of some new stock darts for a few of my guns that don't use stefans, and I noticed that in most retail stores packs of 75 elites are around $20. I think this is pretty ridiculous and I went straight to ebay to check their deals out. I stumbled upon lots of chinese made darts such as these: http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT , and I was wondering if any of you have experience with them. Thanks for looking! -Jack

#2 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

I asked the same question, and received lots of good answers; here's the thread:
http://nerfhaven.com...=1

I found a similar discussion on the HVZ forums as well:
http://forums.humans...ic,13251.0.html

Hope this helps.
S.C.U.N.

#3 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Mullies references are good, definitely give that a through read.

As far as the darts you link to, I have some first hand experiences with those. They are almost a half centimeter shorter than Hasbro sanctioned darts and thus will fail to fire in flywheels. The heads are also solid plastic instead of the Hasbro hollow rubber heads.

If you want my opinion, purchase these. The tips are made from a soft rubber 'koosh' material.

In my informal tests, these darts will fire in significantly tighter groups. This improved 'accuracy' comes with a trade off, the 'koosh' fingers induce more drag and thus your effective range will be decreased.

#4 Anole

Anole

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Most sellers auction those off. I got 100 for $5 on auction. They don't well work in stock nerf guns, but they are amazing in homemades. They have hard heads and are pretty much glue dome stefans. I would recommend them for any homemade gun. ^_^
"...your local chapter of the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Local Free-range Organic Butt Touchers like Beavs" ~ Langley
NCRV- Are you in?

#5 PBZ

PBZ

Cap'n Whitebeard

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

I have some first hand experience with these darts in "somewhat modified" blasters from attending HvZ: PSU Edition (never again. i recommend you don't either.) this past weekend. The tips are pretty hard rubber and solid. while they fly really well from what i saw, and would probably make great ammo for homemade's, i would rather get shot up with stefans and slugs than these particular darts.

Edit: Just another point i forgot- admins and players alike complained about these darts hurting, and once found made the offending squad dump ALL of these darts from their clips.

Edited by PBZ, 07 April 2014 - 10:13 AM.

"There's nothing quite like hunting children." -VACC

#6 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Just another point i forgot- admins and players alike complained about these darts hurting, and once found made the offending squad dump ALL of these darts from their clips.

A sad reality. Last HvZ game I attended I got white GITD darts banned. I think the fault was with my Blade 180 Stryfes, but the darts took the fall. Interestingly, this current game (end this Thursday) has also seen a new ammunition ban; again from me. The officers have decided that the new 'Koosh' darts are unacceptable. Their reasoning, "The koosh fingers would hurt if you got hit in the eye". Glad I can still use whistling Velcro darts though, I should start headhunting.

Really though, It's like talking to a brick wall with the Officer Corp; who cares if I have muzzle velocity and drag data on 'Koosh' darts that happen to prove they are actually safer.

#7 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

I have some first hand experience with these darts in "somewhat modified" blasters from attending HvZ: PSU Edition (never again. i recommend you don't either.) this past weekend. The tips are pretty hard rubber and solid. while they fly really well from what i saw, and would probably make great ammo for homemade's, i would rather get shot up with stefans and slugs than these particular darts.

Edit: Just another point i forgot- admins and players alike complained about these darts hurting, and once found made the offending squad dump ALL of these darts from their clips.

I was there too, one of the guys from my school had them and I watched him get the blaster approved at the start without issue. They never asked him to get rid of them though. He was using an EAT with a spring upgrade. What makes it worse is there were 3 guys using brass breeched Longshots with Xplorer stefans who as far as I know received no reprimand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users