Questions about aaBows

3 replies to this topic

#1 Anole

Anole

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

Hey guys! This is my first post. I have modded only two Nerf guns, so my skill isn't extremely advanced. That being said, I am very good at making things with my hands. I plan on making my first homemade (an aaBow) this weekend. I will tell you guys when I finish. My only question is how much to sell one for and if they sell well.
Thanks for your help! :)
"...your local chapter of the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Local Free-range Organic Butt Touchers like Beavs" ~ Langley
NCRV- Are you in?

#2 Donquixote

Donquixote

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

To sell, I'd say around 30+shipping tops. They aren't really a hot commodity, and the ease of making them means most people would rather spend the time than purchase it.

#3 Just582

Just582

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • State:Nevada

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

Yeah, Aabows aren't worth that much, but if you want to sell a homemade, you could make something better, like a pumpsnap or rainbowpump. Aabows are kinda useless when compared to some other homemades. The only real advantage is the cool factor IMHO.

If you want to make one for yourself, cool, but if you want to make them to sell, not cool. The cost of everything put into them will likely outweigh the selling price, unless you are reputable builder like Ryan201821 who used to produce tons of plusbows, you won't make any money off it.

#4 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:55 AM

It all depends on the style of Aabow. Most Aabows lack the rear stabilizer, which more than doubles the labor and skill required, and increases effectiveness by about 600%--enough to compete with pump action homemade blasters, but still definitely not as effective as them. Like 582 said, they are all about the cool factor.

If you're new at homemades, don't even think about selling them. Even if you do a great job, people probably won't believe that you did a great job because you don't have the reputation. And the margins on something like this are small enough that you'd have to do a batch of them to really have a chance of making $$.

For the former, I think you'd be lucky to get $25, but I wouldn't let one of the latter style go for less than $50. There is, of course, a BIG difference between a price I would take, and the price someone else would pay. I haven't tried selling them recently enough to tell you where supply and demand meet. Furthermore, a fully assembled Aabow is pretty much unshippable, which in turn makes them much harder to sell. Making them break down and go back together for shipping is possible, but not with many of the simplified versions of the Aabow.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users