Photo

Big Bad Bow Mods

Recently got a BBB and I'm looking for some tips to mod it.

5 replies to this topic

#1 OranButtons

OranButtons

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

I recently baught a used Big Bad Bow that was in great shape. I already removed the air restricter and temperarily adjusted the barrel to shoot darts instead of arrows (as seen here -> Drac's BBB mod)

I was looking at different barrel options to help increase my rate of fire.
Coop's rscb clip
Drac's Breech (not planning on under mounting a nite finder)
and
there is also the gravity fed option.

I was wondering everyone's opinions on these 3 types of barrels.

I am a first time modder, but I know my way around a tool room. Thanks for any tips and tricks you can give

*hope I'm posting this in the right part of the forum*

Edited by OranButtons, 16 March 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#2 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

formerly ijackofftomen. Different dude from Azrael.

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • State:Missouri

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

Big bad bows don't generally have enough air volume for a hopper clip. An rscb would give you higher rate of fire but a lower range. A single barrel such as a breech would give you better ranges but much lower rate of fire. Its really up to you between those two options depending on what you're looking for.

#3 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • State:Illinois

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Just do Beaver's Big Bad Bow mod found here.

It's simple, clean, and effective.
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#4 archangel24

archangel24

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • State:Kentucky

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

Actually, it is possible to brisc and hopper BBBs but is very hard to achieve such without doing the replaced plunger mods that zorn did. Well with reasonable ranges for NIC wars anyway.

Edited by archangel24, 16 March 2014 - 07:06 PM.

QUOTE(Talio @ Oct 14 2010, 10:37 PM) View Post

I would much perfer a game that's free of KY. I like it rough. Right, Vacc?

"She went all Ghetto Fab on you."

#5 OranButtons

OranButtons

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

Thanks for the opinions so far. I think i messed up following Drac's air restrictor mod, but I can salvage it still and make it work. I don't go to any Nerf events. At my school we have Nerf Wars every other week and HvZ every semester and I wanted to have my own things instead of borrowing from the club stash.

We are only allowed to use stock dart also. with what I've done with it so far, whistlers work best. Do whistlers fit in speed loaders? Or should I just use elite/zstrike stream lines?

Edited by OranButtons, 16 March 2014 - 08:21 PM.

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,072 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

We are only allowed to use stock dart also. with what I've done with it so far, whistlers work best. Do whistlers fit in speed loaders? Or should I just use elite/zstrike stream lines?

Streamlines and Elites are the only thing you will be able to use in speedloaders. They fishtail like crazy, but you'll get good ranges. Try to find some CPVC that isn't super tight, otherwise you'll find the speedloader to be a pain to use (it's difficult to twist in streamlines).

If you use whistlers or suction cup darts, you're probably better off just using a 2" barrel and loading darts one at a time. With practice you can do this fairly quickly, and you'll still get better ranges than anyone using stock blasters.

I would avoid loaders altogether if you're using stock darts, they're very finicky in loaders. Add to that the Big Bad Bow's low volume, and you're going to have a hell of a time getting it to load consistently.

Just do Beaver's Big Bad Bow mod found here.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.5px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">
It's simple, clean, and effective.

This guy know's what he's talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users