Painting Help

4 replies to this topic

#1 JustNerf

JustNerf

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

So i'm going to paint a couple of my Nerf blasters flat black, and I saw a couple things painting but they were for bright or glossy colors, so my question is what process should I take for this particular color?

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,072 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

Take a look at Banshee's Guide to Painting:
Part 1
Part 2

Don't paint your blasters flat black, it looks fucking stupid.

#3 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • State:California

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

^^ not to mention illegal, at least in Ca.
S.C.U.N.

#4 Boris99

Boris99

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • State:Colorado

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

You can paint it black, but you can't paint the entire thing black or else it will be identified as a real gun. At the very least, leave all the orange parts orange, this shows that the gun is a toy. When you paint it take it apart and sand the pieces you want to paint until they have no glossy finish left-over. After this, wash it off with hot water and soap to get rid of all the little bits of plastic. Then just follow the instructions on the can, do a few coats. When everything is dry, put the gun back together. Everything should be rather self-explainatory.
I like apples!

#5 arekin

arekin

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

So i'm going to paint a couple of my Nerf blasters flat black, and I saw a couple things painting but they were for bright or glossy colors, so my question is what process should I take for this particular color?

Ive had good luck with Valspar Paint and primer in one flat black (http://www.lowes.com/pd_114033-4-410.0085050.076_0+1z140mc+2z8vi__?productId=3728583&Ntt=spray+paint&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dspray%2Bpaint%26page%3D3&facetInfo=Valspar|$1%20-%20$5). I have had some great results and goes down in one clean coat. Just make sure you are sanding and washing first as was mentioned. So far I have been able to even paint moving parts with it and they move fine despite the extra layer. I would not advise just putting down flat black, first its bland, and second its dangerous as was mentioned cops tend to think the gun is real and shoot you. If you are going to use it use it to offset a brighter color.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users