Photo

Request: Internal X Bow Pics

11 replies to this topic

#1 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 06:07 PM

IM looking for several pictures of the insides of a crossbow. THe ones on the mod index arent very good because they arent a close up.

ANy help would be great.

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 06:52 PM

Have you tried Rag's mod? It seems to have alot of good pictures.

~ompa

#3 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:05 PM

Havent seen it, but i got it back together anyway.

I replaced the stock barell with nested PETG, but for some reason the gun is VERY weak. I can barley get 30ft. Ive got the stock spring because Sanyapudi never sent my dt3 spring. Does the spring make that big a difference or did i just do somethign wrong?

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:11 PM

Bands my friend. Bands. Also, plunger efficiency- I replaced my head with a DT3 head, works great.

~ompa

#5 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:11 PM

I don't have a spring replacement, and I get 90-100 with nice velocity. Talio also doesn't have a spring replacement, and he gets 60? I use CPVC. I also have a micro bungie. I think you did something wrong. Did you relocate the barrel?

Crankymonky

Edited by crankymonky, 03 July 2004 - 07:12 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#6 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:15 PM

Ahh yes, ive got a few bungee cords i could use.

Thanks for the help, ill get right back.

#7 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:18 PM

my quick fix for mine is this:

wrap some masking tape (only use masking tape, it's slick and a weak bond) around the plunger head. keep adding it until it makes a full seal with the inside wall of the plunger tube. then: add graphite lubricant to the inside. this maximizes the air efficiency of your plunger, i still use a stock spring with a 13.5" nested brass/sch. 80 PVC barrel, and i get 80-85' flat at an average YANO/LANO/RayNO/Armageddon...most will attest to that (especially spoon's urethra)
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#8 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:33 PM

I think I lubed my plunger. This might make a difference. Anyone else ever do that? What were your perforamance changes? I hadn't fired it before I lubed so I don't know how my performance changed.

Crankymonky
Tyranny Response Team

#9 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:14 PM

the graphite lube helped me a little bit, especially right after adding masking tape.

oh, another thing i didn't post before - use bands - but re-enforce your plunger shaft and your spring wall (like in my mod on this site) or you'll be sorry.

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:18 PM

Instead of using masking tape, I found that using the plunger head of a DT3 works as well... Masking tape has never worked out for me.

~ompa

#11 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:15 PM

PETG isnt the best barrel material for a x-bow either. If you can, try brass. Alot of your range will come from a combanation of good fitting darts+barrel, bands/bungees, and doing an overall good barrel seal and mod job. You definatley need to get some bands on their though.

#12 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 01:10 AM

PETG isnt the best barrel material for a x-bow either. If you can, try brass. Alot of your range will come from a combanation of good fitting darts+barrel, bands/bungees, and doing an overall good barrel seal and mod job. You definatley need to get some bands on their though.

agreed. as is better explained in my mod, my barrel is 6" of 17/32", 6" of 9/16" and 1.5" of schedule 80 PVC...and i've found this to be the best combo for my darts in this gun. the first section needs to be tight, because it is a slow release, the next section needs to be long, and a sliding fit, because there is a lot of air - and you want accuracy. the 1.5" sch. 80 is there to keep the dart from fishtailing, to let some air get around the dart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users