Photo

Nerf recon not working

12 replies to this topic

#1 Puzzleo

Puzzleo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:31 AM

Firing demo I think the problem Is the bullet is not going fully going to the back I single loaded it and pushed it back it worked but not with the clip.Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Puzzleo, 09 February 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#2 DICE134

DICE134

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Have you opened it up? The spring in the dart tooth (the piece that moves up in the muzzle piece)is probably out of place, or there is no dart tooth at all. The dart tooth holds the dart in place while it is being loaded into the barrel.

#3 DICE134

DICE134

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Have you opened it up? The spring in the dart tooth (the piece that moves up in the muzzle piece)is probably out of place, or there is no dart tooth at all. The dart tooth holds the dart in place while it is being loaded into the barrel.

#4 Keola88

Keola88

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

I second DICE's idea. The lack of the dart tooth has to be the issue there. Either something has it permanently open, or there is no dart tooth at all. Open it up!

#5 Puzzleo

Puzzleo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

I have not messed with the air restricters or the dart post it was fine before I opened it

#6 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • State:California

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

It's not the dart post or AR, you're missing your dart tooth, a component in the front of the blaster, responsible for pushing the dart into the breech.
Here's a pic of a recon dart tooth I just pulled off the web, here's a pic of a functional recon.The part you're missing is in the front of the blaster; right by (and partly in) the larger pink square. Just compare your Recon to the functional one in the pic, find out what's missing from yours, and you should be good.

Edited by Mully, 09 February 2014 - 03:34 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#7 Puzzleo

Puzzleo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

It's not the dart post or AR, you're missing your dart tooth, a component in the front of the blaster, responsible for pushing the dart into the breech.
Here's a pic of a recon dart tooth I just pulled off the web, here's a pic of a functional recon.The part you're missing is in the front of the blaster; right by (and partly in) the larger pink square. Just compare your Recon to the functional one in the pic, find out what's missing from yours, and you should be good.

I removed it, because of lord dracs recon mod tutorial

Edited by Puzzleo, 09 February 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#8 BenFett

BenFett

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

I removed it, because of lord dracs recon mod tutorial

I can't help on this specific topic, though it doesn't seem to need anything else. I just wanted to say never, and I mean ever, do a mod or even take apart your blaster without viewing multiple tutorials. I also like to separate the blaster's halves and work the function of the blaster a few times to understand it before I mess with the internals at all. Don't ever just follow one little easy tutorial, yes, Lurd Demuncurler (or whatever you guys call him xD) and coop's videos are really easy to understand and follow, they are never the one stop guide to modding your blaster. Look around, do some research, every little bit of understanding helps you not fall into these kinda of mistakes. Hope you get everything working again.

#9 DICE134

DICE134

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

If you are removing the dart tooth, you must front/single load the blaster, but you must have the dart tooth to maintain the use of clips/magazines.

#10 Puzzleo

Puzzleo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

If you are removing the dart tooth, you must front/single load the blaster, but you must have the dart tooth to maintain the use of clips/magazines.

Ok thanks for
The help. Now I will I guess buy one or try to make a homemade.

Edited by Puzzleo, 11 February 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#11 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

Please don't take anything on youtube nerf seriously; at least not before getting multiple opinions on it. Youtube nerf videos are often free from any sort of useful discussion or standards due to the fanboy mentality of the viewers (note how you felt the need to name drop instead of just saying a youtube tutorial when you weren't even posting a link to it.) If you want to have mods that are reviewed by people who know what they are doing and are actively looking for ways it could be improved you should stick around and check out some of the write-ups here.

#12 Puzzleo

Puzzleo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

Please don't take anything on youtube nerf seriously; at least not before getting multiple opinions on it. Youtube nerf videos are often free from any sort of useful discussion or standards due to the fanboy mentality of the viewers (note how you felt the need to name drop instead of just saying a youtube tutorial when you weren't even posting a link to it.) If you want to have mods that are reviewed by people who know what they are doing and are actively looking for ways it could be improved you should stick around and check out some of the write-ups here.

Yea I know I guess I won't trust him and get multiple opinions. thanks for helping with my problems everyone!

#13 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

disregard, my mistake

Edited by Tangerle, 14 February 2014 - 05:18 PM.

Gino

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users