Photo

Glue/Solvent weld removal?

4 replies to this topic

#1 BenFett

BenFett

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hey guys, so I got a ERTL rapid fire shotgun in the mail today, and I've been working on ForsakenAngel24's "doomsayer" mod guide (http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=9845) . I have it all taken apart and understood, except the front panel to the turret came off not attached to one half of the clear yellow barrels. So now I have both layers of the barrels stuck together, and I believe they are glued or solvent welded together, does anyone know how to get them apart? I did some quick searching but I can't find an answer to this. (Well google and nerfhaven's search can't find an answer. :P)

#2 Nerfgirl36

Nerfgirl36

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

Boil some water and dip it im the water for 10 second increments. Dont dip it in too lomg or you will melt it. After a lot of dipping and slightly pulling after you dip, it should pull apart
- Nerfgirl36
Yeah I'm a girl....get used to it.

#3 BenFett

BenFett

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Alright, thanks, I'll give that a try.

#4 BenFett

BenFett

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

I'm totally lost... It doesn't seem like there is anything holding these halves together, but no matter how hard I try I can't get them apart, I don't even think that this whole topic was relevant, because now that I look at it, the places that I thought were glued or solvent welded dont seem to actually be held together at all, it just seems like it's friction holding it together. There are a lot of friction points, but still, there's a point where I start to believe there's hidden glue or something else at play here, has anyone else had this issue?

Edit: nevermind, sneaky little frikin toy manufacturers has just a few glued spots in random, hidden locations around the turret that I couldn't see, finally got it apart.

Edited by BenFett, 01 February 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#5 Thomafisk

Thomafisk

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Even though a solution was found I just want to put the knowledge of this product into the community, westley's bleche wite tire cleaner is a product for cleaning white wall car tires. I have been using the stuff for a decade in the areas of miniature and toy painting. I have never found it abrasive or damaging to any plastic or vinyl. It will strip most non spray paints from plastic cleanly and will dissolve epoxy putty and super glue with a decent soaking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users